Job description / Role
Directs all field construction activities of project. Applies widely diversified knowledge and experience of various disciplines to be used during construction, as well as the most current and effective methods and techniques to be utilized for installation. Incumbent is totally familiar with required contractual obligations and technical aspects of all facilities to be erected. In addition to construction supervision, the incumbent is also responsible for field administration, procurement, and field engineering. Willingness to relocate to construction site locations is expected.
• Establishes assignments and directs the activities of Construction Managers for various units and/or work areas of
• construction operations.
• Assigns manpower, materials, and equipment to maximize efficiency, maintain schedules, and to meet budget goals.
• Anticipates and resolves various problems such as changes in scope, slippage of schedules, and budget overruns.
• Ensures that critical milestones are met for each phase of the project. Makes recommendations to upper management as
• appropriate, for the resolution of major problems.
• Ensures the use of sound construction practices to attain required quality control at the maximum efficiency and minimum
• Prepares periodic reports summarizing progress of construction activities for higher-level management and clients,
• including formal presentations.
• Establishes policies and procedures tailored to the assigned projects and ensures conformance.
• Ensures effective implementation of all Company and client policies and procedures, including labor relations policies.
• Serves as the primary contact with client representatives, subcontractors, and government representatives for
• construction-related activities. Maintains strong client and community relations, including making presentations to local
• civic organizations.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
• 4-year degree in Civil Engineering or a construction-related field.
• 20 years of construction management experience in marine structures and at least 10 years in construction management leadership positions.
• has wide experience in project construction supervision and management covering all disciplines.
• Dredging and reclamation work experience and past projects in marine structures like Wharfs, Quay walls, breakwaters, secant piling wall.
• has very good knowledge of scheduling, inspections, quality, control and job safety.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.