Job description / Role
The Construction Logistics Director will serve as a part of the Client representative/PMC team within a FIDIC contract with a third party supervising “Engineer of Record”, for all matters related to the management of the construction progress, its sequencing, timeline, quality, and SH&E, much of the candidates time will be spent on-site driving onsite logistics.
- Monitor the work of all site operations of the Contractor(s).
- Ultimately responsible and accountable for the Segment Construction in terms of the safety, quality, Budget Schedule, and Workforce
- Selects, manages and mentors the construction management team in order to achieve the goals in terms of Safety, Quality, Budget and Schedule
- Ensure project safety and quality standards and environmental programs are adhered to at all times
- Maintain excellent relationships with Client and their representatives
- Organizes and leads the meetings
- Monitor project baseline programme and work progress including milestone dates. Take corrective action with the Engineer & Contractor to drive to completion.
- Monitor the contractor's progress and assist in the preparation progress reports to the Client.
- Assist at the weekly progress review, SH&E meetings and other progress meetings held at the site.
- Recommend acceptance of the completed work to Client after receiving the same from the Engineer.
- Communicate with the Project Director and Site Management team continuously regarding the project progress on site.
- Reviewing weekly and monthly reports presented by the contractor on comments of non-compliance, areas of concern and corrective actions.
- Continuous visits to project site for monitoring of site activities in respect of quality, safety and progress and advise manager representatives of findings, area of concern and corrective action.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Building, Civil Engineering or Project / Construction Management
- 20 years experience
- Candidate must have consultancy experience
- Good understanding of labour outputsc
- Experience of works methodologies & sequencing
- Strong SH&E experience
- Understanding of all major construction activities
- Strong experience within Construction Logistics
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering