Job description / Role
Project: A large mixed-use development programme.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking construction manager to join our established and growing team in KSA.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in controlling and managing elements of the project to enable the project to be delivered to the agreed budget, time and quality standards required.
• Assisting in producing project reports for issue to client on a weekly and monthly basis, as required, to report on project progress and performance.
• Supporting in the development of project strategic programmes and monitor progress against.
• Helping on the overall on-site safety management including recording issues on the SHE online.
• Supporting all on site quality control, coordination of benchmarks and liaison with the construction supervisors.
• Carrying out three times weekly SHE inspections of the site and log on to the SHE online system and YellowJacket.
• Managing the site coordination including chairing the daily/weekly meetings with the contractor.
• Reviewing the contractor method statements/risk assessments. Agreeing in short terms programmes with the contractor.
• Working with the project director to assess the contractors’ monthly applications for payment.
• Attending off site inspections as directed by the project director.
• Agreeing in final quality inspections with the construction supervisors.
• Ensuring full understanding of all the contractors’ scopes.
• Providing input information to the electronic document management system and to other project control systems.
• Supporting the commercial manager/quantity surveyor with project information. Managing the project functions and report to the project director on all commercial aspects of the project.
• Maintaining a daily detailed diary of activities ensuring all delays are recorded.
• Reporting any issues of non-compliance.
• With a relevant degree qualification, you will take personal development seriously and be chartered or pursuing a similar level of professional qualification.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You must have experience of programme or project management equating quality and value with the individual client and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.