This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
Construction Manager (Buildings) – International Projects
Our client is a major European main contractor operating extensively across the Middle East, North & West Africa and Europe. Due to an ever increasing portfolio of high profile projects they are looking to hire proven Construction Managers for several international building projects.
Reporting to the Project Manager you will be responsible for developing, controlling and managing the output of your designated teams in line with the overall construction schedule and plan.
The Construction Manager’s key duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Installation and organisation of the construction site including all logistics, materials and manpower
• Direction of the day-to-day execution of the project, maximising project delivery and minimising delays and disruption
• Monitoring and coordinating the work performed by Site Managers, Engineers etc
• Selection and supervision of site based subcontractors
• Client liaison and reporting as required
• Attendance and direction to site meetings as required
• Minimum Civil Engineering Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree qualification preferred)
• 10-15 years relevant experience in the project execution and site management on major Civil Works (e.g. concrete works, formworks, precast, foundation) or large building projects (e.g. museums, palaces, hospitals, shopping malls)
• Relevant experience must come from international main contractors with at least 1 major international project (£100m+) evident in your resume
• Fluent English language skills are essential. Due to the international remit of our client’s projects preference will be shown to candidates with additional language skills including French, Dutch, Spanish and/or Arabic
• Ability to mobilise within 4 weeks of signing your contract
It is essential that you are flexible with regards project location and are prepared to work in either the Middle East, North Africa, West Africa or Europe. Single status and family status positions are available depending on the location and nature of the project. (In all cases you will mobilise on single status for the first 3 months.)
The client will offer an excellent salary + full ex-pat package for the successful candidate including accommodation, flights, transport, insurances etc etc.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.