Job description / Role
Consultant in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is responsible for providing the highest standard of clinical care and expertise to the patients in assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment and follow up, whenever necessary, in the NICU and related set-ups in the Hospital under purview. The consultant needs to involve in the continuous quality improvement activities of the NICU and related clinical set-ups in keeping with the goals of Hospital.
- Managing assigned clinics, if any, as per the approved rota by the Medical Director
- Admitting the patients under his/ her care whenever indicated within the limits of the approved and assigned privileges
- Initial assessment, investigation, analysis & interpretation of the clinical findings and test results, arriving at diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment and follow- up of the patients
- Prescribing, administering medication, therapy, and/or other appropriate care to treat or prevent further complication of the disease
- Explaining procedures and discussing diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the patients and/or with the authorized attendants
- Monitoring the patient's condition and progress and re-evaluating/ reassessing and treating the patient accordingly.
- Referring the patient to other consultants/specialists when necessary, also consulting or providing consultation services to other physicians whenever requested
- Paying daily rounds to In-Patients and referred patients
- Documenting and completing all medical record of the patients and updating on the progress of the patient appropriately
- Always authenticating the medical records at initial entries and progress notes by placing the signature with date, time, employee ID number and official stamp given
- Reviewing and countersigning the entries and notes of all junior medical staff in case of patients under his care,
- Performing diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures for which the Consultant in NICU is privileged for
- Approving the discharge summary, follow-up plan, medical report of the patients, if any
- Assuming duties as the Coordinator of the NICU as and when required by the managemant
- Ensuring the implementation of all approved policies, procedures, rules, regulations, protocols, guidelines and clinical pathways with fullest cooperation, guiding and supporting the provision of clinical services at NICU.
- Directing, supervising and coordinating the activities of specialists, residents, nurses, therapists, assistants and other medical staff involved in patient care.
- Advising and contributing for the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement program of the NICU.
- Ensuring that Islamic Values and Medical Ethics are respected and strictly observed
- Providing the reports and information as and when required by the Coordinator of the NICU or Hospital Administrator/Medical Director of the Hospital
- Identifying and brining all Medico-Legal Cases to the notice of the management on time in accordance with the hospital policy
- Participating in the academic activities of the hospital at the capacity of a resource person.
- Graduate of a medical school recognized by the medical council of the country of origin with completion of appropriate internship and residency programs
- Postgraduate or equivalent qualification, based on residency training program, preferably with a fellowship accepted by Saudi Council for Healthcare Specialties
- At least five (5) years of experience in practice as a Consultant in NICU in a Tertiary Care Hospital after becoming fully qualified.
- Degree in subspecialty of NICU or Structured training in subspecialty is preferred
- Excellent clinical and technical skills in NICU environment is mandatory
- Knowledge of International Healthcare Standards
- Computer Literacy including MS Office Package
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
About the Company
Are you looking for a single talent? Or do you need to recruit a whole team of industry experts? Mercans is at your service. You can tap into more than a decade of expertise working in human resources and recruitment in the challenging environments of the Middle East and North Africa. You have our database of more than 75,000 candidates at your disposal, and with it a better chance to find exactly what you're looking for.
Mercans gets you the connections you need to mobilize even very large teams at short notice. Our recruiters and experts are on site, and with them, your business has an established and reliable presence in the area.
You have the advantage of Mercans' very own candidates database, of which more than 35,000 candidates come pre-qualified. With us, you get the fastest, most experienced, and most reliable recruitment agency in the area.