Job description / Role
Consultant/Senior Consultant, Financial Accounting and Advisory Services
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
• Having the largest geographical footprint in the MENA region, EY is perfectly placed to help the multitude of government entities and businesses change their accounting standards to the latest IFRS standards. We are looking for ambitious people to help drive and support this change while learning about the intricacies of dealing with diverse clients in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
Your key responsibilities
• In this role, you will participate in FAAS engagements, work as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress, help prepare for meetings with target management teams, and participate in these meetings and assist in preparing reports and schedules for clients and other parties.
• You will also develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and build strong internal relationships within the EY Assurance business and across other services.
• Contributing to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining assurance professionals will also form part of your role as will maintaining an educational program to continually develop personal skills of staff.
Skills and attributes for success
• Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
• Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
• This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Strong academic record, including a degree
• 2 to 5 years of professional experience in an audit, accounting or advisory role
• Arabic speaking proficiency
Ideally you’ll also have
• Track record with a leading audit firm
• Professional certification
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What working at EY offers
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.