Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
A career within Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Business Unit Overview
Our Accounting Advisory Services currently has exciting opportunities for a Senior Manager within the Accounting Advisory team based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Our team advises clients on a wide range of accounting advisory projects of a transformational nature, including implementation of accounting standards, support with structuring transactions, transaction accounting and reporting, development and review of financial statements, identifying issues and providing accounting solutions that meet our client's objectives.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated professional with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects going through sector changes and/or privatisation/corporatisation, a strong technical IFRS knowledge, digital acumen, and an ability to work in a demanding environment. In addition, strong project management skills, communicating with senior stakeholders and a track record in business development activities are other key criteria required for this role.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive accounting advisory experience, helping our clients solve their complex accounting, financial reporting and business issues.
- As a Senior Manager, you will be required to be part of the Accounting Advisory leadership team in building a long term vision and strategy to continue growing the business and setting budget goals and driving to meet budgeted performance.
- Take a lead in developing transformational product offerings for accounting advisory services and take an active role and responsibility for business development activities - such as focusing on key client accounts, driving business development activities, designing and overseeing winning proposals and presenting to senior client stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with current regional and global economic and business trends, particularly maintaining a keen interest in how these trends impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- You will also be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, project budgeting and finance management, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients.
- Collaborate with PwC colleagues throughout the client assignment and work as part of a cross line of services team, taking ownership of accounting advisory related areas of the project with limited supervision from senior team members.
- Assist in the management and coaching of junior team members during projects and actively mentor junior colleagues in the team.
- The role also requires the candidate to have a strong knowledge of IFRS and being able to both review and prepare technical papers for discussion with global industry experts and apply his critical thinking to provide our clients with high value and technically robust solutions;
- The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the region undergoing transformation in addition to being robust in accounting technical matters impacting the clients in a range of industries.
- You will be expected to build and maintain positive, productive and professional relationships with senior members of the client teams.
- You also are anticipated to develop extensive interaction with the other PwC teams such as tax, legal and deals which requires a high-level understanding of the wider PwC offering and trends outside your core area of expertise.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of the CMAAS team.
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Have a business development mindset and track record- with a focus on winning work and building the pipeline for accounting advisory projects in the Middle East.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and motivate junior team members;
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business studies, accounting or finance;
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: CA, ACA, ACCA, CPA;
- Knowledge of one or more ERP's is a plus. Identify opportunities to use current and emerging technology and reimagine the way we use emerging technologies to solve complex challenges
- Years of Experience: 10+ years of accounting advisory or other relevant experience in a Big 4 firm.
- In-depth understanding of IFRS and general accounting principles and strong interest and passion for enhancing technical accounting skills;
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines - including managing multiple projects and opportunities;
- Language Skills: Fluent in English, Arabic is a plus. Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Ability and willingness to travel within KSA, the Middle East and worldwide, as the project dictates.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.