Consulting, Financial Services, Strategy & Operations - Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The Financial Services Consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including Strategy and Revenue Growth (Entry strategy, Product portfolio analysis, Business plan development and Optimization of revenue generation), Operational excellence (Organization restructuring, Corporate governance development, Organisation transformation, Performance Management, Outsourcing & Shared Services strategies and Cost optimisation), Risk consulting (Risk appetite definition, Risk framework development, Risk reviews and alignment), Technology enablement (System selections, Implementation program management) and Analytics.
We are a growing team and looking for dynamic, flexible, proactive and hardworking experienced consultants who have a passion for shaping financial services positively in the GCC over the coming years. We have a strong pipeline of large, transformational opportunities with our clients which will provide great opportunities for all our people to step up and play significant and rewarding roles.
In particular, we are looking for a professional to work closely with Regulators, Central Banks, Sovereign Wealth Funds and other financial institutions in the Region.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- The Manager will participate in cross-functional engagement teams to develop and deliver on strategic change within sophisticated and challenging environments in an industry that's experiencing disruptions or exponential growth.
- Responsible for leading tracks on engagements and independently lead specific deliverables in engagements.
- Strong ability to manage clients and be the point of contact.
- Prepare, manage and deliver assignments: typically have day-to-day responsibility for managing small assignments or major modules of assignments depending on assignment size.
- Service a wide variety of clients, getting to know their unique business and needs.
- Work with clients including private and listed companies, partnerships, trusts and individuals.
- Manage project teams and participate in a collaborative team, with a focus on knowledge sharing and thought leadership.
- Supervise and train Consultants, Senior Consultants and Assistant Manager - assign and coach junior members of the project team on execution of fieldwork.
- Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
- Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world.
- Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
- Whilst working with and being an integral part of the Strategy and Operations team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region.
- You will work collaboratively with other Financial Services experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change.
- You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- Manage work streams and projects, seeking guidance and support as and when needed, learning all the time and delivering exceptional quality that meets or even exceeds clients' expectations.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, and Economics, Quantitative Analysis or other related major required.
- CA/CFA/MBA or equivalent.
- Language Skills: Excellent English and Arabic communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (PowerPoint reports, charts etc.).
- Years of Experience: 6 to 10 years of experience in a similar role; significant experience in transaction support or a relevant financial services position.
- Strong understanding of banking and financial services organisations and operations.
- Should be able to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
- Good experience in managing staff and the ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Should have relationship and business development skills acquired from previous working environments.
- Develop detailed Business Plans, Feasibility Studies, Market analysis, Business analysis, MIS Reporting, Cash Flow Modelling, Analysis of Balance Sheet and P& L etc.
- Proven ability to conduct industry, market research and articulate opinions.
- Should have a consulting mind set and experience.
- Knowledge of recent innovations in the Financial Sector: Open Banking, Open Finance, Fintech, cryptocurrencies, CBDC.
- Has experience in strategy development, business plans, growth strategies, performance improvement, customer experience, digital technologies (digital transformation).
- Strong presentation skills; business writing skills and project management skills
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, interpersonal, and teaming skills
- PC proficiency including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, with genuine appetite for growth
- Relationship- focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.) and excels in a team- oriented work environment.
- Shows creativity in problem solving and has good decision making skills.
- Self-motivation to take initiative for personal growth and development.
- High ability to deliver business results.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.