Job description / Role
Consumer Intelligence Specialist for Saudi Arabia
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years.
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for: Consumer Intelligence Specialist for Saudi Arabia
What you will do: you will be responsible for all consumer research that is conducted in Saudi Arabia from initiation, to implementation, analysis and delivering the recommended actionable insights. To be a successful candidate, you will have proven proficiency in consumer research principles and direct project management experience. You will have strong analytical abilities and proficient written and verbal communication skills. You will be tasked with being the eyes and ears of the Group in Saudi Arabia when it comes to Saudi consumer behavior, attitudes and trends. You will persistently apply and communicate this knowledge across the Enterprise, and in particular, with senior leaders, providing them with insights around both the 'what' and the 'why' relating to key Saudi consumer trends. In this newly created role, you will be entrusted and empowered to build consumer intelligence capabilities in Saudi Arabia in our journey to "becoming the leading luxury player in KSA by shaping the beauty and fashion market, serving all aspirational consumers". Your role is like an internal, active, and influential consultant, whose role it is to ensure that consumer analytics and insights are at the foundation of our business, and identify the different types of Saudi consumers, consumer gaps and demands to improve and cater to Saudi consumers.
You will work closely with the group Consumer Intelligence team (based in Dubai), business leaders, and cross functionally with other leaders across the organization. To be successful, you should have the technical research skills needed to run a consumer research project, a vast knowledge of the different Saudi consumers across the kingdom and eventually gain experience to navigate around the different complexities and nuances of our various business segments. You will be a key member of the KSA transformation team we have put in place in 2020.
- Take ownership of Saudi consumer research studies end to end: setting research objectives, creating sound sampling and weight schemes, writing survey and/or discussion guides, and analysing results.
- Identify appropriate methodologies based on business and research objectives, while taking the Saudi market's nuances into account.
- Questionnaire design and creation including but not limited to: brand usage and attitudes, brand health, brand trackers, concept testing, product testing and conjoint analysis.
- Discussion guide design and creation various techniques to capture insights that include but not limited personification exercises, grouping exercises and concept writing.
- Identify, select and manage relationship with research agencies in Saudi based on quality of data and deliverables.
- Lead and champion deep understanding of shifts in consumers demand and future facing foresight by identifying and monitoring Saudi Consumer motivations, behaviours, pain points, interactions with the fashion / beauty retail in general.
- Presenting Saudi consumer insights that are adapted according to the setting and/or diversity of audiences (whether levels of seniority or different functions)
- Guide senior and brand leaders in asking the right questions and co-building their consumer research plans to answer them
- Proactively and constantly engage with internal clients (mainly brands' leadership) in order to identify consumer insights gaps in knowledge and sharing the insights to fill those gaps.
- Influence and align key stakeholders across a verticalized environment
- Work in close collaboration with and disseminate knowledge to the Consumer Intelligence team (based in Dubai). Aggregate ongoing secondary research insights providing critical context to Saudi consumers' competitive landscape, trends, opportunities and innovation.
- Remain at the forefront of new consumer learning tools and technologies to drive smarter and faster decision making in Saudi.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Team player, creative, detail driven, analytical, flexible.
- Previous experience of working in consumer market research from an agency background; with strong knowledge of consumers in and across the different regional areas and cities of Saudi Arabia.
- Experience in leading quantitative and qualitative research studies from inception through to action.
- Technical and Research Design Knowledge: advanced knowledge in sampling design, questionnaire and discussion guide creation, mapping and numerical analysis.
- Advanced knowledge in pricing for consumer research projects.
- Strong project management skills and experience working across several complex projects
- Exceptional communicator (verbally and written), with the ability to connect the dots and build compelling and insightful stories that drive action while adapting to your audience.
- Experience synthesizing disparate data sources (including syndicated data, market level data, consumer trends and secondary research).
- Proven dexterity with complex data.
- Demonstrate high tolerance for ambiguity, changes in business direction, unanticipated client needs, executive requests, with ongoing resiliency and adaptability.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Statistics or any other relevant (quantitative) field.
- Minimum 7 years of work experience required with at least 5 of experience in a consumer insights or market research role.
What we can offer you
- We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts. If you are changing countries to join us, we will provide you with relocation allowance and help you settle into accommodation during the first few months.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.