Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Contract Engineer to join our Global Manufacturing Admin Area.
The GM is responsible for providing the technical consultations, operational support and troubleshooting, benchmarking, building strategies, business planning, and conducting assessment in the areas of safety and environmental compliance, cyber security, advance process control and optimizations, energy and electrical efficiency, process engineering, reliability and maintenance, operational excellence etc. GMSD is also instrumental to the implementation of digital transformation program of Saudi Aramco.
Your primary role will be to develop and prepare contracts for Turnaround Maintenance at SAUDI ARAMCO. It involves preparing contract packages including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Preliminary Cost Estimate, Evaluation Criteria in line with approved contracting strategy and procurement manual.
As the successful candidate you will be required to perform the following:
- Coordinate and work closely with Turnaround Engineer / Planning team to prepare Requests For Proposals (RFPs) for Turnaround services.
- Coordinate and prepare contract terms and conditions for the requested services for approved turnaround scope.
- Prepare / develop Evaluation Criteria and preliminary cost estimate.
- Coordinate and work closely with Contract Advisor to manage all activities related to bidding process.
- Route contracts for signature, track work progress and submit regular reports.
- Participate in Pre-qualification requirement and development of approved bidders list to maximize competition.
- Participate in Job-Explanation meeting & site visits with intended bidders.
- Provide & coordinate for clarifications, questions & answers during bidding process.
- Participate in evaluating offers, bid review team member, reviewing pre-award packages in line with approved contracting strategy and procurement manual.
- Participate & Coordinate Kick Off Meeting with the awarded contractor, establish deliverables for the contractors to be ready to fulfil the contract requirement.
- Assist in preparing, developing and measuring Key Performance Indicators for contracting.
- Maintain computer records of contract information and update all involved parties and stakeholders with current status of contracts and expectations of completion.
- Assess contractor's performance during the execution of work to ensure that all contractual requirements are being met.
- Verify and review Contractors' Proposed Variation Orders and submit a Variation Order Status Report.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on contracting processes and related issues to Turnaround Team.
- Assist in formulating and improving contracting strategies for turnaround in order to optimize cost and reducing risks in line with procurement manual.
You must hold a Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Industrial).
You should have a minimum 10 Years of Experience in Turnaround, out of which at least 6 years in contracting.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.