Job description / Role
• Provide training, mentoring and technical guidance to contract administrators in preparation of pre-award bid documents, verification of accuracy of bid packages and participates in the pre-award evaluation/negotiation process.
• Review work of other contract administrators for correctness and policy and procedural compliance.
• Plan contract activities, including pre-award schedules.
• Recommend new and revised policies and procedures.
• Participate in training of procurement personnel.
• Advise appropriate Manager on contractual matters and be the principal advisor at the Project level about the strategy for, and the conduct and recording of contract pre-award negotiations.
• Assist in presentations to senior management.
• Perform all pre-award contract administration duties as required and fully participate in the bid, evaluation and negotiation process, including functional role as bid evaluation team lead and negotiation team leader.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the director, supply management and manager, contracting section.
• Assist the Contracts manager in the administering responsibilities associated with the Contract Administration.
• Formation and administration of construction / technical services related contracts.
• Assist the Contracts Manager with the pre-qualification of sub-contractors, vendors and suppliers, etc.
• Assist the Contracts Manager to establish procedures for the evaluation and management of change orders and contractor claims. Review contractor proposals and negotiate & formalize contract variations.
• Participate in meetings associated with contract related issues.
• Manage the contract administration activities and provide interpretations of the contract clauses and conditions.
• Assist in project close-out activities associated with cost and contractual issues.
• Prepare as necessary a summary of each assigned contract establishing and maintaining information essential to the administration /management programme.
• Contract Changes/Claims: commercial evaluation, analyse and negotiate proposals. Change requests, prepare change notices, Change orders / Amendment and Claim logs.
• Insurance and Guarantee: Monitoring adherence to contract(s) provisions, maintain expiration schedule and monitor renewal.
• Invoices: Review for conformance to the contract conditions.
• Final Inspection and acceptances: Prepare certificates for acceptance / close out and maintain the log.
• Ensure that all technical, commercial and legal provisions of contract(s) consistent are compiled by all parties.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Science or Business/Accounting with (10) year experience in contract pre- award, negotiation and administration activities as described above.
• Master degree in Engineering or Business (MBA), or advanced study Legal (JD). Must have (10) year experience in contract pre-award, negotiation and administration activities or procurement of Operation & Maintenance, Consulting Studies, Design and large value infrastructure / public facilities type construction contracts.
• Experience must include full range of public bidding activities, formulation of Bid Documents, responding to bidders’ questions, issuing addenda, Bid Evaluation and Cost/Price Analysis, and negotiations for award etc.
• Must be fluent in English (excellent speaking and reading).
• Must have excellent writing skills, strong attention to detail and accuracy in work. Must also be computer literate and skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point for contract drafting and preparation of spreadsheets and use of other analytical software tools.
About the Company
Khatib & Alami, a multidisciplinary urban regional planning, architectural and engineering consulting company, offers clients an integrated approach toward the ever-increasing need for reliable project delivery systems. In-house expertise and the continuous recruitment of bright and innovative professionals enable us to meet the challenges of development with due consideration to environmental protection, social and economic characteristics of society. In close concert with clients, we have been able to consolidate factors that make the resultant project coincide with the client's vision within the time frame and budget set out for implementation.
K&A started its consulting services in Lebanon and extended the areas of its professional activities in accordance with the growth of its experience, and its human and financial resources. The company operates in various countries including Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Sultanate of Oman, State of Qatar, State of Kuwait, Kingdom of Bahrain, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Libya, Sudan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Belgium, Gabon and USA. K&A employs around 4,000 professionals and technicians. Since 1984, K&A has continuously ranked among the top 100 International Design firms as published by Engineering News Record (ENR). K&A has also obtained the ISO 9001:2000 certification for its Quality Management System (QMS).