Job description / Role
Acts as a team leader In a Contracts Administration Group. Serves as the Contract Proponent
representative in the development and administration of contracts in assigned organization.
Provides work direction to a team of 4 to 8 employees in a Contracts Administration Group. Initiates guidelines, coordinates activities and provides technical expertise to assure the proper and timely development and/or maintenance and administration of contracts, maintains conformity to the accepted corporate contracting policies and procedures, and meets the proponent technical/operational requirements in a timely and most cost-effective manner. Approximately 50 contracts and amendments are processed simultaneously under one incumbent, though the number of contracts processed by the Group or Unit may be significantly higher; provides direction on up to 200 related contract actions (i.e., actions required to administer, extend, renew, terminate the contracts). The value of individual contracts developed by an incumbent is often over $25 million and may exceed $100 million. Incumbents do not have primary approval authority, but recommends approval based on technical requirements and contract administration experience. Receives general direction from Division Head when assigned to a Contracts Development Group, or the Supervisor of a Contracts Administration Unit.
INTERNAL: Daily with line and staff supervisory personnel in assigned organizations to provide assistance as described above in Scope, with representatives of the Contracting Department, Functional Review organizations (financial and legal), or Government Affairs concerning the development of contract requirements, contracting plans, and their implementation. Frequent contact is necessary to update service requirements and provide status reports.
EXTERNAL: Weekly or more frequent with senior management with large international or multinational corporations to negotiate contract terms and conditions of contract service, claim settlement, determine technical qualification of bidders, develop scopes of service, and provisions for payment, or other contract interpretation and clarification.
- Performs all functions common to the Work Director level as established by management.
- Provides complex technical advice and support to contract proponents from the conception of contract service requirements through the execution of a contract to the termination of the contract or service requirements.
- Directs and participates in the development of engineering and financial studies that establish feasibilities for contract services and evaluation for alternatives that may be technical, financial and/or procedural/administrative.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the development of a professional level of analyses of Company risk or exposure.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the development of a professional level of analysis and technical qualification of bidders.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the development of scopes of work for various contract services.
- Develops professional-level presentations to Executive Management and makes presentations or participates in the presentations to Services Review Committee.
- Participates as the contract proponent representative or delegates participation on the Bid Review Team charged with development of a realistic Company position on contract terms and the negotiation of these terms
- Participates as the contract proponent representative in a professional analysis of bid response and negotiation offers and preparation of counteroffers.
- Negotiates with contractors as part of a negotiating team comprised of Contracting and contract proponent representatives. Coordinates or participates in the preparation of responses to contractor claims and represents the proponent on Claim Review Panels.
- Coordinates or participates in the verification of contractor costs and the preparation of cost escalation or de-escalation amendments.
- Provides proponent representation in the administration of contracts and works with Finance, Law and Contracting in the development of financial and legal advice on intent of wording, scopes of service or other clauses that may impact quality of service, cost of services and cost benefit relationships.
- Recommends changes in contracting procedure or contract format for presentation to the Contracting Department; recommends to Finance and senior management controls to prevent abuses, conflicts or excessive Company risk/exposure.
- Performs miscellaneous related duties as requested.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or business discipline. MBA is desirable.
- 12 years' experience in the petroleum or related industry with experience in operational area. A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible work or contact with auditing, accounting, and contracting techniques and procedures is desirable.
- A high level of fluency in oral and written English is essential.
- The ability to motivate subordinate professional people and to communicate both orally and in writing with professional-level people in other fields and senior and executive management both within and outside the Company.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes :
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).