Job description / Role
• Ensure that the requirements of the contract documents are implemented and maintained throughout the contract period.
• Assist in the review of contractual notices of claims and providing contractual advice to the Engineering in their administration of the Construction Contract.
• Interact with the Client representatives the Project Management Consultant and relevant Contractors in respect of all contractual matters.
• Assist in the drafting of commercial terms for design engineering and/or construction services for approval by the Project Director.
• Review all contract documents to ensure congruity and to minimize patent and latent ambiguities
• Assist with administration of on-going Contracts, including monitoring Contractor and commission compliance with the Contract documents.
• Prepare correspondence and maintains records necessary to ensure the effective administration of all Contractual matters.
• Facilitate the preparation of Contract change and prepares the relevant variation orders
• Facilitate the contract close-out procedures to ensure that all terms and conditions of contracts have been complied with prior to final payment to contractor.
• Ensure that all contractual procedures are implemented and maintained
• Assist on all contractual matters.
• Assist in the review of Contractor’s claims in accordance with the provisions of the Conditions of Contract and ensures the Client’s interests are protected.
• Ensure all warranties bonds insurances guarantees etc. are in place and maintained and updated in accordance with the Contract and are in compliance with the Clients requirements.
• Assist the Estimation and Project Control teams in respect of contractual implications of change orders.
• Assist in the preparation of Monthly Progress Reports.
• Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the Engineer’s Instructions Variation Orders and Claim Logs.
• Attends Commercial Meetings and records minutes of meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or equivalent
• Must have a minimum of 20 years experience with strong international experience
• Membership to RICS, CIOB, or equivalent is desirable
• Strong background and understanding of FIDIC forms of Contract particularly design & build
• Knowledgeable in all contractual & legal matters relevant to the industry including claim management
• Competent IT user.
• Great leadership and organizational skills.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
About the Company
Hill International, with more than 2,900 professionals in 70 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, and other consulting services to clients in a variety of market sectors.
Hill has participated in over 10,000+ project assignments with a total construction value of more than $600 billion. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the eighth-largest construction management firm in the United States.