Job description / Role
Scope and Responsibilities:
- Conducts detailed variance analysis and evaluation of portfolio of projects' costs including an assessment of project estimates at completion and overall cash flows.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements to assist in forecasting the project at completion man-hours and associated costs
- Analyze and report on projects Key Performance Indictors related to projects cost and suggest improvement initiatives. Overall understanding with KPIs as they relate to engineering and construction business.
- Experienced with projects benchmarking and understanding of project cost drivers.
- Support the team in providing analytical findings and recommendations relating to regular Planning & Performance Management (P&PM) tasks such as business plan preparation, performance tracking measurement, and performance analysis and accountability reporting.
- Conduct as required special P & PM - related studies such as the development of performance initiatives and business cases, risk management, design and re-design of measurements, processes and workflows.
- Utilize a variety of analytic techniques/methodologies used in cost and schedule evaluation including Monte Carlo simulations in support of S-curve analysis generation with analytic findings.
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in project cost management, cost engineering and cost forecasting principles and techniques within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Ability to interpret and relate engineering principles and design attributes in terms of cost estimate drivers.
- Exposure to capital projects life cycle development including front-end engineering & design, procurement, construction, commissioning and close - out.
- Performs all cost engineering functions and keeps abreast of significant developments in cost engineering by close review of technical literature, occasional visits to areas of construction, and attendance at technical meetings.
- Knowledge of SAP PRC module. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g., VBA development, advanced functions, pivot tables, goal seek, scenario development) and Microsoft PowerPoint.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).