Job description / Role
About this opportunity
Cost Manager responsible for managing costs and budgets of construction projects, including new builds, renovations and maintenance works – from early cost advice to settlement of the final account.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives.
• Positively engaging with Customers and developing, growing and maintaining Customer relationships.
• Delivering high quality services and ensuring that cost management deliverables meet Customers’ requirements.
• Managing projects and to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures.
• Preparing and presenting order of cost estimates and option studies.
• Cost planning.
• Cost-in-use studies.
• Advising on and implementing procurement strategies.
• Preparing tender documentation and managing the tender process. including designing tender marking schemes
• Evaluating and reporting on tenders.
• Valuing completed work and arranging for payments.
• Settling final accounts.
• Administrating contracts as Contract Administrator or Employer’s Agent.
• Producing and presenting reports to Customers.
• Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the Business Units activities.
• Managing service delivery for profit.
• Advising Directors promptly of any issues that have arisen, or that might arise, on projects; in particular those that might impact on professional indemnity (PI) insurance.
As a team member, you will have access to:
• Opportunities to develop and grow your career
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Our global travel scholarship programme
• Flexible working arrangements
Who we’re looking for:
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
• Sound cost management experience post MRICS qualification.
• Sound knowledge and practical experience of cost estimating and planning.
• Good knowledge of construction methods and materials.
• Working knowledge of construction procurement strategies, including tendering and contract strategies.
• Good knowledge and experience of post-contract cost management tasks
• Clear and effective communication skills - both oral and written
• Methodical way of thinking and approach to work
• Good organisational skills, problem solving and negotiating skills.
• Financial and numeracy management skills.
• Sound ICT skills, with a good level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily
• Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts
• Ability to work as part of a team
• MRICS (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
• Must have a degree in Quantity Surveying
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience(Residential/hotels/commercial)
• Must have consultancy experience
• Must be willing to work at a remote location
• Must already be in Saudi Arabia to be considered for the role
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jan|
Senior Cost Manager
Currie & Brown
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jan|
Cost Manager - Transmission Pipeline (NEOM)
|Saudi Arabia||27 Dec|
Contracts & Commercial Manager
Cost Estimation Manager
|Saudi Arabia||19 Jan|