Job description / Role
Country Engineering Director
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN SAUDI ARABIA
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defense and Security.
We have been present in Saudi Arabia for 40 years and with over 600 employees to date, we are growing rapidly. Together we are delivering our signaling, control and train protection systems for the North -South Railway (NSR), the longest system of its kind in the world. Together we are key suppliers of In-flight entertainment and connectivity systems as well as air traffic management solutions in Saudi. We are making Saudi Arabia a safer place by securing the country's critical infrastructure and e-security solutions that secure the country's electronic payment systems.
Thales has been selected to supply major electronic systems for air defense and the Group also supplied communication and opsonic systems for the Army, the Saudi Arabia National Guards and the Air Force.
We are currently looking for a COUNTRY ENGINEERING DIRECTOR to join THALES team in Riyadh , Saudi Arabia.
The Country Engineering Director
- Lead at country level the Mid Term Industrial Plan by coordinating with all departments and in particular in alignment with the country strategy plan.
- Analyze the market trends as well as the business line strategic plans to assess the potential local business development in new and existing fields.
- Maintain an engineering vision highlighting technical areas and/or skills for Saudi Arabia in light of market and bids' feedback.
- Contribute and validate the advanced study plan aiming at the continuous improvement of standard solutions.
- Develop engineering discipline competencies, practices and adapt them to each engineering team by permanent change and optimization considering the project nature flow.
- Lead a continuous improvement approach through cross discipline engineering performance plan.
- Drive the Engineering Environment deployment across all departments in liaison with Group engineering and adapting to the local needs.
- Ensure discipline relationship with HQ including Develop Solution Process Ownership & Engineering performance KPI reporting as well as Configuration Management Process Ownership.
- Ensure the development of Operation and Maintenance discipline as well as associated tooling.
Bids & Projects
- Participate in monthly project reviews in order to capture in particular any changes / evolutions / improvements that could be implemented.
- Participate to critical bids customer presentations and reviews representing the company management.
- Act as senior reviewer for large bids as well as contribute to case preparation.
- Lead 4 engineering teams Solutions design & Software development, Bid Engineering, Design, IVVQ and Operation and Maintenance engineering. This meaning in particular the cross iteration between those teams.
- Plan and manage the Engineering department budget as well as workload.
- Manage the professional development of 110 strong overall engineering team located in 3 different sites in the country through a tailored training plan and on the job training sessions. This addresses specifically the adaptation to new fields such as Cyber-security both from a know-how as well as resourcing perspective.
- Manage skills development planning and adaptation to new business such as cyber security as well as in the field of software development.
- Develop close relations with other Thales units and particular SIX/PRS, SIX/NIS & GTS/ICS Business lines to ensure a better support as well as develop the corresponding business.
Previous experience as System Engineering Manager on similar integration projects would be a definite plus.
French Speaker Is a plus
Telecom Background Is a plus
Package" Salary & other benefits like "Car, Housing allowances, Health Care, Travel and Bonus".
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent