Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Country Growth Lead role is to support the market team in their growth planning and decision making based on thorough analysis. You will be accountable for providing strategic insights and solutions to decision-makers based on data analysis. This role will work closely together with the General Managers, Supply Managers, Marketing Managers and the Central Growth Team, providing insights and solutions to various growth issues and driving forward strategic direction. Strong collaboration with teams across Careem footprint is imperative to succeed in this role as most of the projects are cross functional in nature.
* Provide strategic direction to build quarterly plans, translate them into monthly KPIs and support them with project managing weekly initiatives
* Work closely with market GMs and central Growth team to identify growth bottlenecks across supply and demand funnel
* Run data analytics to design out-of-the-box growth hacks and short term initiatives to continuously oil the growth engine
Operations & Execution
* Align market and growth function on designed growth initiatives, and proposed pilots required to meet the weekly targets and manage their timely execution
* Analyze the impact and sensitivity of initiatives to feed into the growth playbook of the market. This keeps the list of our initiatives effective and relevant per market.
* Act as a market ambassador for project management, cross-functional execution and KPI monitoring of global initiatives
* Model and track growth KPIs against daily, weekly and monthly targets
* Develop and implement effective reporting and assessment tools to minimize risk and proactively identify problem areas
* Develop a view on projected growth based on market dynamics, seasonality and funnel efficiency to feed into targeting and budgeting
* Minimum 6-7 years of experience across functions
* Analysts at top-tier strategy consulting, investment banking or multinational firm
* Strong spike in analytical ability, sharp problem solver and ability to get things done
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.