Job description / Role
The KSA Country Manager (CM) represents the KSA customer interests and delivers against the KSA customer objectives in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. The CM is directly responsible for the KSA marketing team and partners with the retail, 3P and public policy teams. The KSA CM represents Amazon externally with the local government, business partners, and media. This position will be expected to:
- Lead the Customer vision, strategy and plan with the goal of both attracting new customers and increasing purchasing frequency with existing customers in partnership with the local business leads.
- Engage with key internal stakeholders across regional and country teams to develop integrated, cross-category plans that leverage all aspects of Amazons product and all communication channels to bring Amazon’s propositions to life for customers.
- Lead the customer experience vision for SA. Support the creation of product solutions and new capabilities required to deliver on the customer experience vision.
- Represent Amazon in KSA, establish and maintain engagement across government and private sectors
- Facilitate and represent high-level meetings between Amazon executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry associations and alliance partners to promote and advocate our public policies.
- Identify potential customer and business opportunities and provide inputs to the regional marketing and business leaders and ultimately develop mitigation or enhancement strategies to strengthen Amazon’s position.
- Lead media engagement in KSA, including interviews, position articles, press releases, representation in external conferences, workshops, and other PR initiatives.
- Lead a team of local marketers to plan and execute customer plans. The country marketing team is responsible for event calendar and execution, deals sourcing/optimization, homepage management, local partnerships and local BD, and manual outbound.
- Contribute in developing local Saudi talent, promote Amazon in recruiting activities, participate in talent development programs.
- Native Arabic speaker
- 10+ years of professional experience in consulting, e-commerce, FMCG or within a demanding corporate environment
- Strong analytical background and attention to detail with ability to use data to measure performance and determine improvements
- Proven project management skills
- Clear evidence of managing and motivating a team, both direct and indirect reports. Ability to work with cross-functional teams
· Strong and persuasive verbal and written communication skills (English and Arabic), including a successful track record in engagements with government and media.
· Strong organizational, managerial, and communication skills, with proven ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results.
· University degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or any other related field of study.
- Post-graduate education / Masters level qualification
- Knowledge of the MENA digital customer
- Experience in senior level negotiation
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.