Job description / Role
• Having a concrete, wide, experience and track record of achievements operationally in Freight forwarding is a must.
• Manages the facility profit and loss process, ensures proper staffing and expense controls, and supports revenue generation and business development activities
• Monitors purchases (e.g., fuel, maintenance, supplies, etc.) and evaluates driver overtime to control costs and identify potential cost savings
• Identifies synergies among service centers to promote integration, improve operating leverage, reduce responsibility overlaps, and control costs
• Manages the processing of inbound and outbound domestic and international freight shipments and ensures governmental regulations and compliance requirements are met
• Monitors and ensures safety compliance and conducts facility and equipment safety and safety compliance training
• Oversees facility environmental management and ensures dangerous goods and hazardous materials shipments are properly handled
• Interacts with labor union representatives to resolve work rules issues, build strategic relationships, and resolve grievances
• Attract, contract and build an efficient partnership with the freight forwarding agents all over the world
• Contract and build an efficient partnership with the shipping lines
• Measure and monitor operational performance and efficiency. This will be done through the use of both systematic and manually developed solutions.
• Design and implement operating models that will drive the future improvements of our operation
• Provide direct input into the development, implementation and reporting of partner KPI/metrics to monitor all aspects of the transportation process.
• Maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new ideas while developing relationships with new partners.
• In partnership with technology & business intelligence teams, drive a diverse roadmap of tech initiatives aimed at building the foundation of this supply chain solutions business for future scale.
• Build a deep understanding of and partner closely with our Warehousing, Sales, Partner Operations, Finance and many other teams to drive alignment while taking the lead on setting cross organization direction.
• Willingness / flexibility for travel within Saudi Arabia and overseas.
• Builds strategic relationships, empower and influence
• Communicates clearly
• Acts with integrity and manages conflict
• Motivates others and promotes innovation
• Provides effective and constructive performance feedback
• Manages Quality Improvement and be receptive to change
• 5-7 years of Operations Management experience with P&L responsibility, including multiple facilities with multiple customers
• Experience with implementations or systems customization
• Experience should include implementation management and work in multiple facilities
• Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships resulting in high levels of customer satisfaction
• Work experience must demonstrate ability to manage customer relationships and the ability to motivate and manage a staff under pressure
• Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in IS, Operations Management, Logistics Management, Business Administration or equivalent experience in a logistics/distribution environment – Preferred
• An Innovative leader and self starter who is looking for an opportunity to manage an operating team and execution.
• Detailed oriented with a strong client or customer management experience skill set.
• Bachelor’s degree and five+ years of experience required; MBA or masters degree is a plus
• Previous experience in one of the following roles preferred: consulting (ideally with exposure to supply chain and logistics strategy); supply chain operations, process optimization, or transformation.
• Strong analytical experience and comfort working with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
• Experience managing a high-performing team, and a track record of developing talent required.
• Experience working in a matrix environment and managing cross-functional projects required.
• Experience leading process improvement initiatives by successfully collaborating with multiple stakeholders and building tools & visibility solutions
About the Company
A growing freight forwarder located in KSA, our headquarters in Riyadh and we serve all Kingdom Air/Sea Ports via our branches in Riyadh, Jeddah and Dammam.
Our services portfolio:
Shipping: Being one of the front running companies in Saudi Arabia, providing total logistics solutions, Solution Makers Shipping Division, offers one stop shop to our clients, the convenience of total Logistics solutions, right from the source to their warehouses, without the hassle of dealing with multiple service providers for each stage of the shipping process.
With Customs clearance, storage and transportation services, shipping division completes the cycle, which makes Solution Makers, a truly integrated Logistics Company in the Kingdom.
Customs Clearance: The core of our business stems from being the leading Customs Clearance agency, ever since the company came into existence thirty years ago. We have built a strong network of Customs clearance Offices in all parts of the kingdom
Transportation: From modest beginnings, Transportation division has played a pivotal role in our journey as an integrated player in the industry, by extending our services to the clients’ doorsteps. Managed by professionals, and a large fleet of modern trucks, insured and equipped with hi-tech systems for real time tracking of consignments, we work around the clock to ensure goods are delivered to the customer premises ahead of schedule.
Terminals & Storage:
- Loading and unloading containers of all types
- Containers and cargo storage
- Packing and unpacking of goods in containers
- Long-term and short-term Storage solutions based on client requirements
Express Service: SMI Provide also Express services through its sister company SMI express that have a vast variety of solutions for e-commerce sector
- Labeling & Repacking
A Leading Group In Saudi Arabia
Country Operation Manager - Transportation (Trucking)
Solution Makers International Company
|Saudi Arabia||13 Feb|
Deputy Managing Director
Head of Supply Chain
Future Careers Middle East
Manager of Supply Chain
Future Careers Middle East