Data and AI Brand Sales Specialist
IBM Middle East
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
A Technology Sales Representative role (what we internally call a, 'Brand Sales Specialist') in IBM's Data & AI brand means accelerating enterprises' success by improving their ability to understand their data. It means providing solutions that enable people across organizations, in multiple roles, the ability to turn data into actionable insights without having to wait for IT. And it means selling multi-award winning software, and world-class design practices that enables business analysts to ask new questions. The answers to which are literally shaping the future and changing the world.
Excellent onboarding and an industry leading learning culture will set you up for positive impact and success, whilst ongoing development will advance your career through an upward trajectory. Our sales environment is collaborative and experiential. Part of a team, you'll be surrounded by bright minds and keen co-creators - always willing to help and be helped - as you apply passion to work that will compel our clients to invest in IBM's products and services.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Brand Sales Specialist you'll work closely with clients to develop relationships, understand their needs, earn their trust and show them how IBM's industry leading solutions will solve their problems whilst delivering value to their business.
We're passionate about success. If this role is right for you, then your achievements will mean that your career is flourishing and our clients are thriving. To help ensure this win-win outcome, a 'day-in-the life' of this role may include, but not be limited to...
- Managing a dedicated client set and defining, confirming, and communicating the differentiated value of IBM's technology at both the technical and business level.
- Using your solution-selling expertise you'll be identifying and engaging decision makers and influencers, qualifying business opportunities, and responding to clients' needs to create strategic, long-term partnerships.
- Managing the entire sales process, from RFI / RFP response preparation, and ensuring delivery against KPIs, with a strong emphasis on new business sales, while expanding existing accounts.
- Collaborating with the broader IBM sales ecosystem, from Marketing to Sales and technical colleagues, to IBM Business Partners, to build sales campaigns and incremental pipeline.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proven track record of success in technology sales, with emphasis on new client acquisition.
- Demonstrable application of business and commercial acumen, communicated at all levels, to show the operational impact and financial value of technological solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that are equally engaging, compelling and influential.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Depth and breadth of knowledge regarding the Data & AI market in order to consult and advise, and quickly grow your reputation as your clients' credible, trusted advisor. (Training on IBM's Data & AI offerings is provided)
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.