Data Scientist & Artificial Intelligence Engineer
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking a Data Scientist & Artificial Intelligence Engineer to join the AI Center of Excellence (CoE) within its Research & Development Center (R&DC). The AI CoE is responsible for accelerating R&DC's incremental and breakthrough discoveries and technology deployment using data science, artificial intelligence and digitalization.
This important role will be involved in multiple projects and tasks associated with accelerating the discovery of breakthrough technologies and solutions to resolve significant challenges in the hydrocarbon industry, and will complement existing experimental work through advanced digitalization solutions.
- Develop and use state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to develop predictive models in order to propose new data-driven insights/solutions/designs based on previous experimental results, with the goals of accelerating the timeline for technology discovery and optimizing the performance of existing R&D solutions.
- Remain updated with this current and fast-evolving field, publish technical findings in international peer reviewed journals, and spread awareness of the latest tools and techniques within Aramco.
- Oversee and provide technical leadership to a team of junior scientists and engineers, and be responsible for the training and development of junior mentees.
- Organize and lead teams for specific projects and tasks, and manage discussions with internal and external project teams.
- PhD in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Five plus years' relevant experience.
- A strong background in data science, artificial intelligence engineering, machine learning, digitalization and strong software development skills.
- A robust background in materials, catalysis, Density Functional Theory, Computational Fluid Dynamics and/or exposure to process engineering is preferred.
- Proven ability to use data science and artificial intelligence to accelerate the discoveries of breakthrough technologies, generate surrogate models to propose new solutions based on limited experimental data, and work with experimentalists to validate these solutions.
- Strong record of publications in recognized peer-reviewed journals and presented research outcomes in international events is preferred.
- Granted patents based on novel research results is preferred.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.