Data Visualization Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
We are seeking a Data Visualization Specialist to join the Business Communication Planning Division of the Corporate Communication Department within HR & Corporate Services.
Working within the Business Communication Planning Division, you will be responsible for creating compelling graphics, charts and multimedia visuals to enhance and promote the programs, reports and presentations of the division. The successful candidate will be a trusted member of the team, playing an active role to promote and support key deliverables by transforming data sets, quantitative and qualitative analysis into compelling visuals.
• The candidate will be required to apply design and data analytics techniques to organize the presentation of data in innovative ways. Specifically, the candidate will be required to perform the following:
• Interpret research and data sets
• Create and edit compelling multimedia visual content that is more accessible and understandable to our stakeholders, including graphs, charts, maps and digital content
• Work as a partner to our research, corporate communications and digital teams to help promote content
• Work with internal stakeholders to understand their information needs and audiences and tailor content accordingly
• A successful candidate should have a - Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Marketing Analytics, design or related field.
• Candidate should have a minimum 5 years of similar experience in a design agency, market research firm or in a freelance capacity
• Candidate should have an experience in data visualization, UI design and report development techniques
• Candidate should have ability to work well in a diverse team environment and develop working relationships with multiple stakeholders
• Candidate should have an excellent creative and visual skills, including demonstrable design knowledge, such as layout, typography, color, interaction design and fluency with tools such as Adobe, Tableau, Power BI, Excel, Photoshop etc.
• Candidate should have expertise with charting and other data visualization techniques.
• Candidate should have ability to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Candidate should have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• Candidate should have strong interest in corporate communications, corporate reputation, and brand research and management, as well as predictive analytics and social media analytics
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.