Job description / Role
As a DB2 Database Administrator, you will be part of the IT team to support Unix-based DB2 database applications.
A well-backed financial organisation in Saudi Arabia.
* Offer DBA DB2 support for application development team.
* Ensure integrity, availability and performance of DB2 database systems by providing technical support and maintenance.
* Monitor database performance and recommend improvements for operational efficiency.
* Assist in capacity planning, space management and data maintenance activities for database system.
* Perform database enhancement and modification as per the requirements.
* Perform database recovery and backup tasks on daily and weekly basis.
* Develop and maintain patches for database environments.
* Identify and recommend database techniques to support business needs.
* Assist in implementation of new features and program fixes in databases.
* Maintain database security and disaster recovery procedures.
* Monitor databases regularly to check for any errors such as existing locks and failed updates.
* Dynamic work environment
* Attractive salary
* Opportunity to work for a leading, high-profile organisation
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or equivalent.
* Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* DB2 database performance tuning skills and a solid knowledge of distributed architectures.
* Good Knowledge in Linux/Unix.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.