Job description / Role
We are looking for DCS Operators - Coldbox experienced in plant DCS Operation in HyCo Plant or ASU Plant.
Purpose of the position
• Operates ASU / HYCO/ CO2 plants and support maintenance activities (Preventive, Corrective and Predictive), following technical orientation, production planning and safety procedures and practices, preparing basic reports on these matters.
• Operate the DCS (Distributed Control System) for plants startup and shutdown operations to meet Company’s objectives and production targets.
• Monitor and control all process parameter conditions such as flow rates, pressures, temperatures, levels, etc, through displays, graphics and trend logs.
• Communicate with field operators for parameter adjustments in field.
• Report to Shift Supervisors in case of parameter abnormalities and process deviations immediately.
• Makes minor plant adjustments when necessary and reports any serious faults to the Supervisor with appropriate remedial actions, implements immediately the approved actions, procedures and standard emergency responses.
• Takes immediate corrective actions to limit risk to personnel, plant equipment and production during emergency situations.
• Monitor & Control the usage of raw materials, chemicals and other plant utilities effectively to an optimum level in safe manner.
• Prepare & Assist in preparation of necessary plant - operational reports as requested by Production Supervisor or Team Leader.
• Ensure the safe shutdown, isolation and blow down of relevant Section / plant during emergency situations.
• Assist in studying the problem and issues arising in the operation and process to identify suitable remedial measures.
• Identify and investigate the faults and inform the concerned departments, for remedial action.
• Adhere to Company’s HSE policy, standards and approved operating procedures while performing the duties / tasks.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor such as taking part in training / developing new recruits / implementing orientation programmes, preparing necessary reports, plant shutdown and start-up procedures, etc.
• Read processing schedules, operating logs, test results of samples, and laboratory
• Recommendations to determine changes in equipment controls required to produce specified quantity and quality of product.
• Set controls to adjust process variables, such as flows, temperatures and pressures.
• Execute defined preventive maintenance plans
• Review functionality of sub units and equipment
• Detect and inform opportunities to plant improvement
• Support corrective maintenance activities
• Support operational audits
• Responsible for recording, compiling, reporting and documenting operating data, and
• Monitoring process indicators.
• Coordinate the start-up, shut-down (normal & emergency) and normal operations with field operators.
• Perform basic calculations for determining process parameters and material balances.
• Ensure compliance with safety, health, environmental and quality standards for operations.
• Demonstrate integrity and honesty as core values and as consistent part of his behaviour.
• Support Engineering Management of Change (EMOC
• Candidates must have experiences as DCS Operators (4-5 years minimum) at Coldbox experiences units of Hyco or ASU Plants.
Candidates must know deeply about the coldbox - and ASU Plant Coldbox experiences are considered:
• The CO/H2 Separation and Purification System consists of one Coldbox, and CO compressor and one CO expander, two CH4 pumps.
• The Coldbox contains all cryogenic equipment required for the production of pure CO from the dry process gas.
• The Coldbox is filled with insulation material (Perlite) in order to reduce the infiltration of heat to a minimum.
• Inside the Coldbox the process gas is separated applying several columns with condensers and reboilers.
About the Company
Linde Gas in the Middle-East is a leading international supplier of Industrial gas and healthcare solutions in the region. We have significant Oil & Gas Services capabilities working closely with National Oil Companies and their Petrochemical processing partners.
We supply gas technology solutions to improve the efficiency and quality of all sectors of industry including food, healthcare, fabrication, manufacturing, water treatment and energy.
Through our sister company, Linde Engineering, we are also able to supply world-scale gas processing plant solutions. Find out more about our Engineering services.