Job description / Role
About Deals Risk & Quality (“R&Q”)
Deals R&Q plays a key role as an enabler in supporting Middle East Deals (“Deals”) to achieve its strategy. The Deals business comprises Infrastructure and Government, Business Recovery Services, Corporate Finance, Forensics Services and Transaction Services. The Deals R&Q team’s primary purpose is to provide trusted advisor risk and quality advice to the Deals business in order to help client-facing teams effectively manage and mitigate legal, regulatory and reputational risk.
The increasing use of alternative delivery methods and more innovative commercial models have added complexity and increased contractual and delivery risk. Furthermore, our clients’ expectations about what we are responsible for often exceed our contractual responsibilities, which needs careful management. The Deals engagement teams need close guidance and support from trusted advisers in R&Q to manage these risks while protecting our reputation and brand.
We support Deals project teams throughout the entire engagement lifecycle from bidding through contracting and on into delivery, taking a partnership approach to work alongside and collaborate with partners and teams. We have been upskilling and growing our team and are now looking for an experienced business professional to help us continue to support the Deals business.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced professional at the level of Manager who is solutions-focused, skilled at building relationships, enjoys being at the heart of change and wants to be part of a relevant, cohesive, vibrant team.
- Acting as the first point of contact for queries from Deals engagement teams, providing timely and solution-focused pragmatic advice.
- Negotiating with clients on contracting challenges, with support from the Office of the General Counsel and senior stakeholders in the business.
- Participating in internal governance forums for high value and higher risk engagements to support teams to manage contracting and delivery risks
- Participating in special projects to deliver the continuous change that is needed to improve the quality outcomes and profitability of Deals.
- Participating in delivering training to staff across Deals.
- Building trusted relationships across Deals and other support teams, and acting as a dedicated business advisor to the
The role will provide the successful candidate with:
- The opportunity to work closely with the Deals Teams across the business.
- An opportunity to get involved with some high profile, complex and innovative engagements in the region.
- The opportunity to work in a fast paced, mentally stimulating, dynamic environment where no two days are the same.
- An opportunity to develop a deep understanding of technical matters relating to R&Q.
- Join a cohesive, vibrant and high performing team.
- A stable working location.
Key Skills and Characteristics required
- Interest in understanding the types of risks Deals faces – reputationally, financially, permissibility of services – and how these are mitigated or managed by the firm.
- Be a self-starter who is proactive and flexible and has a positive attitude
- Ability to provide pragmatic advice, whilst protecting the firm by understanding the importance of the firm’s ‘red lines’.
- Be able to work both independently and as a team, with good project management skills, able to prioritise and manage multiple projects at a time while working to agreed deadlines.
- Be creative and willing to think of new and innovative approaches to our work.
It would be desirable for you to have:
- Experience of working in a Deals/ advisory client facing role
- Experience of working in risk management in a Big 4 environment or relevant Big 4 experience in Deals, Advisory or Audit services
- The individual must be proficient in English and preferably an Arabic speaker
- Be a clear, effective and self confident communicator who can adapt their style for different audiences and across multiple channels.
- Have an ability to influence and communicate clearly and with self-confidence to all levels of partners and staff, including at the most senior levels.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.