Deals, Transaction Services - Valuations - Senior Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Middle East Overview
PwC is the largest professional services firm in the Middle East with over 6,200 employees offering unparalleled range of expert capabilities from Strategy through to Deals, Consulting, Tax and Assurance Services. PwC operates across 12 countries in the region and serves both public and private sector clients. Within PwC, our Deals line of service helps organizations execute successful deals and create value through strategy definition and due diligence for domestic and cross-border M&A, divestitures and spin-offs, capital markets transactions like IPOs and debt offerings, and bankruptcies and other business reorganizations.
About the role:
As part of the leading global valuation practice with over 2,000 dedicated valuation professionals in 50 countries, we have the right people to support clients for various different type of valuation related work. Our Middle East valuations team operates on a regional basis but with team members based in each territory who understand the local market dynamics.
Within the practice, the ME valuations team represents a group of more than 20 professionals, working across various industry verticals as required. We also work collaboratively with the regional valuation team members and provide support on large complex regional valuation engagements. You could be working remotely with colleagues anywhere in the region.
You will enjoy potential for fast personal development in a dynamic team by playing an important role within the local and regional valuations practice. From the outset you will be exposed to a diverse range of challenging valuation work across industry sectors including company share valuations and/or financial instruments and valuations of intangible assets. Interaction with senior colleagues and senior client individuals will also provide plenty of opportunity for candidates to build business development and marketing skills.
- Assist partners/directors in carrying out valuation engagements
- Manage teams, projects and clients on a day to day basis
- Provide support to junior team members (senior associates/associates) in guiding and reviewing their work outputs
- Present valuation findings internally and externally to clients
- Build a network around your peer group internally within PwC and externally
- Assist partners/directors in external and internal business development
- Coaching junior staff in a mix of technical valuations skills, industry knowledge and soft skills.
- Assist and take part in various internal initiatives to assist the partners/directors in delivering those initiatives - (such as digitalization, industry specialization, value creation etc)
Essential Skills and Experience:
We are looking for a Senior Manager who has an excellent track record and meets the following criteria:
- Min 7 years of previous commercial, client-facing valuation work experience ideally in a big four with sound and in-depth technical and commercial knowledge of valuation concepts
- Direct involvement in delivering and managing valuation engagements is a key requirement for applying for this position
- Experience of carrying out valuations for different purposes (M&A transactions, financial reporting, disputes etc)
- Previous experience with Purchase Price Allocation
Academic background and proficiency:
- ACA, CFA or ACCA qualified and/or Master/Bachelors's degree in Finance/Accounting
- Hands on financial modelling experience with proficiency in Ms Excel
- Experience with PowerBi, Tableau will be a plus
Other necessary attributes:
- Strong analytical skills but tempered with an ability to think laterally
- Ability to deliver high quality written work
- Strong attention to detail combined with an ability to see the big picture
- Ability to work effectively in teams on occasion to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with others
- Ability to quickly grasp key business drivers and specific valuation issues
You'll be joining an experienced and diverse team that will welcome your outlook and knowledge while also helping you to broaden and deepen your understanding of valuation and advisory. You'll have the opportunity to take increasing amounts of responsibility and ownership of projects as your experience develops whilst being provided with required and flexible support.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.