This position is closed or expired.
See other Security Manager jobs in Saudi Arabia
Deputy Security Manager – Community
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)
This department within the KAUST Security
Organization seeks to prevent or minimize events and losses by managing the required safeguards and by providing 24/365 coverage using security personnel and technology.
Security Operations personnel provide immediate response and intervention in cases of injury, property loss, illness, disputes or complaints and provide public awareness and community service programs.
The Deputy manager of Security Operations is responsible for planning, implementation, coordination and control of security activities which provide a variety of area-wide security services, patrols and response.
Acts as an advisor to the Manager of Security.
• Responsible for the physical protection and public safety of all KAUST assets
including people (employees, students, families, visitors, contractors), property,
information, intellectual property and reputation.
• Acts as the Manager of the Department in the Security Managers’ absence.
• Manage the scheduling and monitor and report regularly on the unit’s resources and activities.
• Maintains and ensures effective operations of security management systems.
• Maintain technical expertise in all of the relevant major security functions.
• Supervise security functions including:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Acts as liaison for security-related issues with internal and external operating groups to support KAUST community and business requirements.
- Establish regular stakeholder meetings.
- Communicates and enforces security policies and procedures.
- Assure that procedures are documented and followed.
- Submits monthly reports on activity.
- Submits budgetary requirements.
- Sets employee and contract security provider goals & objectives and provides
reviews and feedback regarding performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned
• Exercises independent judgment in the implementation and enforcement of KAUST policies, procedures or Saudi laws, regulations, and customs.
• Manages the Exhibit Property Room (including lost and found items) and oversees disposition of unclaimed items.
• Assists the Manager in the planning, coordinating, staffing, controlling and
directing of security programs to include asset protection, parking and traffic control, patrolling of physical property, enforcement, public safety awareness and community programs.
• Assists Manager in the developing and implementation of security policy and
procedures to ensure compliance with KAUST policies and procedures, and applicable Saudi laws.
• Conducts follow-up enquiries to incident reports.
• Develops and manages performance measurement and improvement objectives for the department.
• Assists with the 24-hour on-call coverage for the department.
• Liaises with Safety in the coordination of the HazMat Program.
• Supervises and is responsible for the operational response to major incidents of complex problems, and to provide guidance on enforcement of general security, public safety policy and procedures.
• Manages assignments of major critical proportions.
• Area of responsibility includes KAUST community and facilities including,
residential and businesses located within KAUST.
• Must manage assignments independently, consulting with, and keeping the Manager and other corporate executive informed as necessary.
Organization - Facilities and Community
Division - Security Management
• Performs assigned managerial, organizational, staffing, directive and
• Serves as the primary advisor within security operations for general security policy
• Initiates and participates in the development of community public safety plans and programs implementing, maintaining and modifying the programs to provide coverage as necessary.
• Directs assigned personnel to ensure optimum coverage and monitors performance while taking any necessary preventive and corrective action.
• Manages and directs the handling and distribution of incident reports to appropriate KAUST departments.
• Develops and coordinates the protection of important visitors, executives and
• Serves as liaison for the Security Manager with government authorities, external organizations and representatives.
• Plans, develops, co-ordinates and directs security and public safety awareness
and training programs for all security personnel.
• Performs other related duties as required by the Security Manager.
Non-Technical Skills or Attributes
• Excellent command of English (written and oral)
• Specialized Advance training and certification (CPP, PSP, CSS or equivalent)
• Expert knowledge of incident response processes and best practices
• Expert knowledge of security management systems and software
• Advanced skills on vulnerability and threat analysis
• Must be well organized and possess excellent interpersonal, customer service,
communication, and documentation skills
• Knowledgeable of the latest in security trends and industry best practices
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire and retain organizational talent
• Demonstrated ability to work well as a team and independently and exercise
superior judgment in stressful situations
BS/BA in Criminal Justice, Business Administration, Industrial Management or
Specialized advance training or certification in incident command, managerial skills, and related fields (CPP, PSP, CSS) is preferred.
Minimum of eight (8) years in security operations or law enforcement environment.
About the Company
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a brand new institution that’s set to inspire the next era of global scientific achievement. Opening in September 2009 we’re recruiting many exciting roles. One could be yours.