Job description / Role
Project: NEOM Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company?is appointed to provide executive project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial, and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
This position is for the Lead Digital Delivery Specialist to support the construction and logistic team with planning, studies, modeling , permit management, visualization, 3D and 4D modeling and simulation using design models and animation tools. The successful candidate must have strong organization and teamwork skills, problem-solving abilities, and able to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
This position will be responsible for delivering digital solutions related to construction permitting, logistics planning & execution and construction management workflows. The candidate will be interfacing and coordinating with design, construction, planning, fabricators, contractors and other project stakeholders to optimize logistics planning and execution using digital models and technology.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Using Infraworks and Civil 3D skills to develop the logistics plans and routes to visualize and animate with the surrounding terrain, combining GIS data and civil works design (e.g. cut/fill earthworks, roads, etc.).
• Develop sequence and schedule scenario visualization using Synchro 4D Pro to animate construction sequence and further rendering to Unity / Unreal Engine
• Use of Twinmotion / Lumion platforms for visualization platforms to produce 3D rendering (not photorealistic) with built-in catalogue of objects (e.g. people, trees, vehicle / plant, etc.)
• Supports the deployment of innovative processes and methodologies
• Responsible for supporting the development of 3D models for temporary roads, laydown area, fabrication sites etc to support the logistics & construction activities.
• Create animations showing assembly of modules and other basic construction activities.
• Ensures technical adequacy of work products in accordance with project information delivery& execution strategy as well as the customer BIM and GIS requirements.
• Demonstrate ownership of assigned actions to self and shows initiative in problem solving
• Interfaces with construction team to support the planning, progress tracking and reporting of quantities and dashboarding of to-go items.
• Use of GIS platform and workflows for managing land use permits and construction/logistics activities.
• Maximize the use of project BIM and GIS environments for construction and logistic planning/execution.
• Keep up to date on best practice BIM uses, methodologies and configuration control of information.
• Responsible for establishing processes and methodologies for streamlining coordination and interface management across the internal/external stakeholders
• Establish processes and methodologies for using BIM models for visualization, animation and work-planning.
• Continually seeks ways in which the Project Information can be utilized to support the project and drive efficiency in processes
• Use of Twinmotion / Lumion for animation and visualisation
• Supports digital delivery responsibilities and providing project tools training and support as required
• Coordinate closely with project Digital Delivery, GIS & BIM Managers in planning and executing work as an integrated team
Qualifications and Skills:
• BS degree in Engineering, Architectural, Construction, Computer Science, or Information Management, from an accredited university, with at least 12+ years of relevant experience in VDC, Digital Delivery, BIM ; or in lieu of degree, 19+ years of experience
• 12+ years of experience in digital delivery/Virtual Design and Construction
• Advanced knowledge and experience using Infraworks, Revit, AutoCad, Civil3D, Navisworks and related processes for managing and collaborating content within project shared/published CDE (BIM360/Aconex)
• 4D experience in using Synchro Pro using BIM/3D models and P6 for simulation & visualization of the construction sequence
• Strong technical writing skills (writing technical instructions, procedures, etc.)
• Experience with using BIM/3D model for Quantity take-offs and construction work-packaging and progress tracking
• Experience in running Model Review sessions for constructability, operations, logistics planning and hazard review
• Experience with creating 3D and 2D models using Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Civil3D
• Experience in integrating and aggregating BIM/3D models from different authoring platforms (.RVT, DWG, FBX, IFC, etc) into Infraworks, ArcGIS for visualization and
• Ability to take on additional responsibilities, maximize efficiency, manage priorities
• Knowledge of GIS, Sketchup, Rhino, and 3DS Max tools
• Experience in GeoBIM for integrating design models into GIS maps
• Experience in creating AR/VR models for client presentation, value engineering and optioneering
• Experience using PowerBI for dashboarding
• Use of Unity / Unreal to create bespoke interactive interface and VR/AR experience
• Experience with using gaming platforms such as to click and provide an immersive VR/AR experience for the senior management.
• Experience with model federation and clash management processes using Navisworks, and BIM360
• Experience with interoperability tools for model data compliance checking
• Knowledge of C++ or python within an Unreal Engine environment is a plus.
About the Company
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.