Job description / Role
Project based Digital Project Delivery Lead provides leadership on major programmes for all matter relating to technology (including BIM, GIS, Project Management platforms, Data Management, Data Capture, 3D Printing, Modular Construction, etc.) and digital project delivery. The DPD lead envisions, develops, deploys and adapts the digital delivery strategy for the programme which contains multiple projects. Consistency across the entire programme is key and will be driven by excellent communication and documentation of initiatives, processes and procedures. Engaging the entire programme and all its stakeholders is vital to a the successful delivery of a digital strategy. The DPD Lead will acts as the main point of contact between the project management team and the client.
• Responsible for developing the overarching digital delivery road map responding to the clients and programme needs and requirements.
• Responsible for providing leadership and direction of specific digital technologies to various project teams.
• Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
• Manages the use of BIM and other Digital processes and technology on large-scale projects/programmes
• People manager of a team of up to 10.
• Budgetary responsibility.
• Defining key performance indicators with the project leadership.
• Facilitates practice line and specific training.
• Authors and/or reviews project management plans relating to digital delivery, scopes of work, specifications and project reports.
• Represents Digital at high level project and company management meetings, both internally and externally
• Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Contributes to the development of processes, procedures, templates and model content for project delivery use
• Drives business development opportunities and assists in proposals
• Create evaluation metrics to determine value and effectiveness of deployed tools.
Specific skills required:
• Excellent communication, both written and oral;
• Familiarity with global BIM standards such as PAS 1192 and BIM Forum, as well as trends in the digital construction space;
• Experienced in recruiting and managing a high performing team;
• Experienced in developing digital strategies and adapting them based on results;
• Excellent leadership;
• Visionary and innovative tendencies;
• Considered to be digital native;
• Effective delegation;
• Analytical thinking with ability to identify, scrutinize and improve business processes with digital tools;
• Positive attitude;
• Willingness to develop others;
• Ability to communicate effectively;
• Attention to details, accuracy and precision of work;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent time management and ability to prioritize;
• Ability to manage pressure, changing client demands and meet deadlines;
• Accountability for assigned work;
• Team management skills;
• Passionate and enthusiastic about technology and its application in construction;
• Arabic speaking would be an advantage;
• Minimum 3 years Digital Leadership Experience;
• 3-5 years experience in a client-facing role;
• Minimum 15 years AEC industry experience;
• Middle East/UAE Project Delivery experience highly preferred;
• B.Sc in Construction Management or Engineering or B.Arch
• Masters in relevant fields would be an advantage
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering