Job description / Role
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon continues to evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
With the acquisition of Souq and its affiliated businesses, Amazon is rapidly expanding its presence in the Middle East and North Africa. Our MEA Compliance and Safety team is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidate to join our team. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business, its platform, and relevant technologies. This is an exciting and challenging position that provides support for the Direct Imports Compliance Program for the Saudi Market.
The Program Manager will be responsible for collecting product and business requirements, driving the development schedule from design to release (including testing and training), making appropriate tradeoffs to manage risk, and clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to scope and deliver complex solutions. The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, must be able to thrive and succeed in an ever changing environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. The PM must not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up their sleeves, dig in, and get the job done. Strategic thinking, maturity, negotiation skills, and the ability to influence are essential to success in this role.
· The role of the Program Manager for KSA Direct Import program will be identifying opportunities and implementing initiatives to improve the flow of goods (cost, time and visibility) across our Direct Imports program.
· This individual will partner with various teams across Amazon (Retail, Compliance, Global Logistics, Supply Chain Technology, Finance and Inbound teams) as well as external partners to support critical new business initiatives and drive continuous improvement in all aspects of our program.
· You will manage a Compliance operation team to support the retail teams at Amazon to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory guidelines for our products.
· You will also support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses and operations by executing on a broad range of import compliance matters, including high profile projects related to trade compliance and product compliance.
· You will work directly with retail procurement teams, transportation operations, legal, tax and a variety of internal businesses and outside vendors to drive import/product compliance across the supply chain. Build and enforce global compliance solutions, including supply chain integration, valuation reviews, trade classification processes and audit workflows.
· At least 3 years of experience in program management or technical fields, preferably with a background working on large, complex initiatives and 2 years’ experience commensurate with extensive knowledge of handling imports and/or exports in accordance with foreign government regulations and extended product compliance and safety knowledge
· Demonstrated business judgment as well as ability to think creatively, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
· High attention to detail and proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment.
· Experience working with engineering teams to define, scope and prioritize product requirements.
· Strong oral and written communication skills, a bias for action and a proven ability to influence others.
· Bachelor's degree.
· Ability to clearly articulate concepts and strategy in writing to all levels
· MBA or similar advanced degree.
· Experience with risk management, compliance or similar product initiatives preferred.
· Global logistics or supply chain experience is desirable
· Experience analyzing business problems using different tools (such as Microsoft Office, and statistical analysis)
· Have worked in Compliance/regulations area.
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.