Job description / Role
Strategy and Transformation Director – power and utilities required for a Leading Management Consultancy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
• As part of the Operations and Strategy Team, you will be responsible for business development & delivery activities across the Middle East, including strategic transformation, operational improvement, cost reduction & process design projects.
• You will get involved in writing proposals and lead end-to-end consulting engagements in the Utilities and Power Sector with a focus on the latest trends in Digital Transformation.
• You will ideally have experience working with a Utility & Power Company and a Management Consulting firm.
• 10-15 years experience, with a Masters Degree/ MBA/ or Ph.D./ in areas such as Economics, Business Management, ICT, Engineering, etc.
• Well updated with the current trends in the Utilities and power Spaces specifically related to digital strategies/ transformation.
• You will have experience with the development and implementation of digital strategies and operating models in the Utilities & Power Sector.
• Expertise in customer relationship management in utilities & power (including the use of mobile, social media and web interfaces, customer insight and analytics and multi-channel customer experience transformation, channel mix strategy and channel optimization, CRM and or social CRM, social media and mobile platforms, customer insight and analytics, customer service, e-Commerce and how digital can be applied to network operations)
• Experience in digital technologies, how these are transforming the utility business, and the elements impacted by the change (including metering, smart grids, product information management, pricing and regulatory reforms, product innovation, customer operating model and technology strategy, etc.)
• You will have experience with the development and implementation of strategies and operating models in the utilities and power sector, including experience in partnering with the business at all levels and building the necessary internal and external relationships to secure change across the value chain from generation, through transmission and distribution to the retail/customer experience front end
• Experience in managing, guiding, and developing junior team members
• You will have strong quantitative, strategic, and financial analytical skills with the ability to understand complex information and communicate it in a non-specialist format to our clients’ operational business units
• Expertise in conducting strategic analysis, supporting policy development, and a good understanding of current market trends and technology awareness of region-relevant technologies as well as sector policies to enable transformation, including use of digital, analytic, and information management in the utility industry
• Experience in strategies across the supply chain and procurement optimization, process improvement, operational excellence, business process re-engineering, operational due diligence, and post-merger integration.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
• You will have excellent written and oral communication skills, be fluent in English, and (preferably) proficient in Arabic
• You must be willing and able to travel within the Middle East and worldwide as our projects dictate, and be comfortable working in the cultural environment specific to the UAE, KSA, and other GCC markets.
About the Company
New Sourcing International (NSI) / Bluefin Talent have partnered so to offer a specialized recruitment solution within the Consulting and Financial services domains.
Working together as a specialist search and selection agency, we concentrate on blue chip financial services and strategy / technology consulting organizations across Europe and the Middle East; focusing exclusively on Financial Services, IT and Risk. Being niche allows us to offer a premium search service, tailored to overcome the technically challenging nature of recruitment for the specialist functions that we work.
We are dedicated to representing best of breed candidates in the region in our dedicated fields of employment. As such we are a leading outfit for placing ex-pats and internationally educated students in the region.
Our biggest unique selling point, is that we are steered by a dedicated team of ex-financial services and industry professionals. This allows us to offer a level of candidate pre-screening for roles, which is largely anomalous to the recruitment profession. Our ability to bridge the technical knowledge gap typical recruiters encounter, coupled with a thorough delivery process allows us to drive consistently superior results for our clients sourcing requirements. Designed to provide a fast and efficient turnaround, we minimize the use of internal resources our clients spend vetting inadequate profiles, allowing them to quickly get back to focusing on their strategic goals.
Our strength lies not only in the specialist nature of our firm, but also in the commitment we show towards our clients and candidates. We endeavour to build long-term relationships and recognise the crucial nature of communication throughout the recruitment process. Excellence, integrity, respect and transparency are cornerstone to the culture we promote.