Job description / Role
Director of Conference Catering Services
The Director of Catering & Conference Service leads and manages all day-to-day activities related to the catering sales effort. The Director of Catering & Conference Service is responsible for the management and development of catering & Conference -related sales. Actively contributes in the development of the catering & Conference sales strategy in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing and achieves personal booking goals. Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
What you will be doing:
- Oversees all day-to-day operations for the catering & Conference Service effort.
- Provides positive and aggressive leadership to ensure maximum revenue potential; sets example with personal booking goals.
- Creates and maintains an office environment conducive to effective selling and customer advocacy.
- Oversees hiring and training of catering & Conference Service managers and hourly associates.
- Coaches and mentors catering & Conference related sales managers to develop sales skills and performance improvement.
- Participates in the Developing and management of the catering & Conference sales revenue and operating budgets. Provides input for developing forecasts.
- Sets booking goals for catering sales team members and catering goals for other sales channels property participates in.
- Holds catering & Conference sales team and other sales channels accountable for goal achievement.
- Proactively recognizes and works to retain top talent.
- Effectively develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing analyze market information through Opera and implements catering strategy to achieve hotel's financial catering goals.
- Assists Revenue Management with completing accurate projections.
- Assists the Director of Sales & Marketing to approve space release for catering to maximize revenue.
- Develops, implements, and sustains aggressive solicitation program focused on increasing local catering business.
- Works with management team to create and implement a catering sales marketing plan addressing revenue, customers and the market.
- Assists with the development and implementation of catering promotions, both internal and external.
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
- Conducts outside catering sales calls based upon set individual monthly goals.
- Conducts prospecting and solicitation goals based upon set individual monthly goals.
Your experience and skills include:
- A minimum of (6+) years of progressive catering & Conference Service experience or related sales experience.
- Experience training, developing, coaching and retaining effective managers.
- Food and Beverage service knowledge essential.
- Experience in successfully developing and executing creative ways to improve financial results, while focusing on the basic's of the sales process such as client relations, account follow-up, closing, etc.
- Proven skills as an industry leader to lead and motivate a strong, dynamic team.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.