Job description / Role
Director of Facilities Management (Aviation)
- Plans, organizes, and directs, through subordinate supervisors, the work of a large staff of employees and contractors engaged in maintenance and repair activities for either facility services such as building maintenance, and pavement and grounds work, and technical systems maintenance services such as electrical, electronic, airfield lighting system, X-Ray Scanners, and HVAC/Utility services, assigns areas of responsibility and specific projects to subordinate supervisors; establishes efficiency standards; establishes goals and objectives; conducts inspection tours of the worksites to ascertain that established standards of maintenance are being followed.
- Directs through a subordinate supervisor, the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Checked Baggage Inspection System (CBIS) consisting of baggage handling systems (BHS), their central programmable logic controllers (PLC) and related mechanical and electrical equipment, ensures optimal performance in support of the safety, security, and efficiency of the baggage deployment and screening process, ensures baggage equipment and related systems are properly maintained and in compliance with regulations and guidelines.
- Studies plans for the development of new and expanded aviation facilities to determine their effect on the various airport maintenance programs, and formulates proposals to effect organizational changes designed to maintain levels of efficiency and service throughout the airport system; confers with engineering and operations administrators and other airport officials to define future needs and to schedule the implementation of changes in maintenance procedures; participates in developing budget estimates for airport maintenance expenditures and evaluates performance in relation to such plans.
- Prepares preventive, standard, and emergency maintenance procedures; studies and evaluates new maintenance procedures, techniques, and equipment for possible implementation; attends and participates in conferences; keep abreast of new regulations affecting the maintenance of airports; confers with client regarding the maintenance of the airport complex.
- Confers with representatives of airlines, concessionaires, and other persons using airport facilities to determine the timing of maintenance and repair activities of tenant-occupied space.
- Prepares operating budget proposal for an area of maintenance responsibility; approves requisitions and maintains work and vacation schedules; directs contracted maintenance services; maintains a rapport with client representatives and participates in the resolution of labor problems; participates at airport staff meetings; makes recommendations to establish policies affecting maintenance activities.
- Directs the scheduling and coordinating of maintenance and repair activities with the objective of achieving the most effective and efficient utilization of manpower, time, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Evaluate the limitations and inherent weaknesses of existing maintenance work processes.
- Establish new maintenance work processes capable of sustaining the client’s O&M operation for the next 10-15 years.
- Define maintenance process workflows, policies, and procedures that cover all aspects of Facilities Management Operations, including but not limited to:
- Equipment and System Hierarchy Definitions
- Work planning, scheduling, and assignments
- Work prioritization, escalation, alerts, and notifications
- Material Management
- Procurement Management
- Quality Management
- Safety Management
- Environmental Management
- Risk Management
- Asset Management
- Performance Management
- Advanced Reporting at different levels
- Streamline all maintenance work processes and workflows onto one common technological platform, linking all concerned parties generating the necessary performance reporting dashboards at different organization levels.
- Scrutinize the efficiency and the effectiveness of maintenance work processes and recommend necessary changes and improvements.
- Manage a group of specialized O&M contractors in Hard and Soft FM.
- Align the specialized subcontractors with the set O&M Vision and Objectives.
- Performs related work as required.
- Experienced Facilities Management Director with aviation experience
About the Company
Command MENA has been successfully partnering with clients and candidates since 2005. We have worked on human resources & talent acquisition assignments for clients throughout the Asia Pacific region, Middle East, Europe and the Americas.
During this period of time we have successfully sourced highly skilled and multilingual talents both locally and from around the globe.
As a company we take a consultative approach to meeting your human resources & talent management requirements. Taking the time to understand your needs, we think laterally to isolate candidates\' critical skills. We have proven understanding of the dynamics of various markets and we bring a fresh perspective to your challenges in sourcing creative staff.
Our team of consultants specialise in a variety of sectors and take real pride in their work. We work in a number of specialist sectors; succesfully delivering human resources campaigns to Fortune 1000 & major international companies through to smaller boutique & specialist companies.