Job description / Role
Location: Remote location in Saudi Arabia
Our client is founded by the Saudi government to bring all communities together and develop all sectors and fields with innovative solutions. The organization generates over $24 million in sales and has over 850 companies and 700 employees.
They are currently looking for a Director Retail & Commercial to be based in Saudi Arabia.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop and execute the retail strategy for Oxagon Village (and later other company retail locations) in line with the company Retail vision and values.
• Manages the retail asset portfolio and is responsible for financial performance of the portfolio.
• Drives alignment with different sectors on planning, requirements, execution of projects, and strategic initiatives.
• Collaborate with all functional groups to ensure the retail stores operate in an innovative, efficient, secure, and high-service manner.
• Define and continuously improve the operating model including systems, processes, data and people.
• Collect and monitor market trends and developments around customer preferences and experience on a regular basis to identify trends and stay competitive.
• Build a network of world-class retailers and commercial tenants that bring value to the company and take part in the company journey to become the most innovative city in the world. Organize internal/external events for the retail market such that the team’s relationships expand and strengthen.
• Together with the Tenant attraction Manager, manage a portfolio of accounts, building new and managing existing relationships with our tenants, providing them with excellent customer service, which is prompt, informative and engaging and contribute to the company vision.
• Study and analyze sales results and financial performance to keep track of the trends and advise on recommendations accordingly.
• Implement action plans to achieve the sales goal.
• Work on building client relationships, strong in marketing and presentation and sales and negotiation.
• Steer and support the retail teams and direct reports with the planning and execution of :
- Retail Development
- Commercial development and
- Retail Operations.
• Strong leadership and coaching skills with proven experience in managing and developing a team.
• Hire and train the retail organization and build a strong team to achieve the retail goals.
• Be an exceptional manager.
• Lead, coach and provide feedback to the teams. Truly care about your team members well-being and support them to attract and retain top-tier talent.
• Set performance targets for your teams and drive recruitment for key positions across the retail team.
• Promote a high-performance working environment embracing company values
Qualification & Requirements:
• 15+ years of demonstrated experience in the retail industry in a role focused on commercial real estate.
• Experience managing a high-performing team (~5 FTE) in a multicultural environment.
• Track record of developing organisations and building capabilities in a start-up like an environment
• Strong at relationship management, experience with commercial roles and performing against targets and deadlines.
• Developed network and experience working in/with the retail industry in the Middle East (preferable Saudi Arabia) or in commercial asset development.
• Comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment with lots of uncertainty.
• Knowledge on managing real estate, cash flow and financial analysis.
• Have excellent negotiation skills, always backing yourself with data and insights
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics or a related field OR equivalent industry experience.
• Master’s degree in finance, business or economics or MBA.
• MBA is preferred.
• Regional experience doing business in the Middle East
• Arabic and English speaking is required for this role.
• Additional qualifications in the field of retail / real-estate are a pro.
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
|Saudi Arabia||5 May|
Director of Sales
|Saudi Arabia||1 Apr|
Director of Operations
|Saudi Arabia||1 Apr|
Prime Co. Middle East
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
|Saudi Arabia||27 Feb|