Document Control Lead - Saudi National (Al - 'Ula)
Atkins Middle East
Job description / Role
The Document Control Lead is responsible for the overall management of the Document Control function and Document Control resources on the programme.
Key Task and Responsibility
This role will
- Lead document control activities and tasks and delegate to the project document control team as required
- Establish and manage a capable document control team on the programme
- Consult and liaise with the project team and Regional Document Control Manager on any Document Control resource requirements
- Develop essential document control workflows, plans, procedures and guidelines as part of the programme.
- Implement the document control procedures, processes and protocols for the programme
- Support audits activities (internal, external, third party) to meet regulatory and quality requirements.
- Provide training and orientation to project team members and the document control team to ensure collaboration and seamless document workflow engagement throughout the programme.
- Provide knowledge transfer and guidance to the document control team and project teams on documentation and systems used on the programme.
- Manage document control focal points for individual projects and consultants.
- Manage the electronic document management system and SharePoint. Provide functional expertise for continuous improvement of the systems
- Develop and implement quantifiable metrics to determine the quality of documents being processed by the document control team with reference to optimum turn around time or service level agreement.
- Constant coordination with other discipline groups or departments to ensure maximum efficiency in document collaboration
Note: All of the above documented tasks and responsibilities are intended as a guide and should not be taken as a definitive list. Atkins reserves the right to vary and add duties as necessary.
Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Min 15 years of experiences in relevant organizations on large programmes/projects
- Acting as custodian of project information and ensuring confidentiality of critical program/project information
- Proven track record in the delivery of large multi-functional program/projects.
- Establishing effective document control teams.
- Development of custom-tailored documentation processes relevant for the services and incorporating client requirements into key documentation including brand and quality of templates and processes.
- Experience in functional requirements mapping for EDM system development
- Experienced on developing workflows in multiple EDM Systems
- Must be able to communicate confidently in both written and spoken English.
- High level of computer literacy, especially in Windows, MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must have experience working with multiple EDMS systems.
- Experience and understanding of ISO 9001 quality requirements.
- Must have experience in MS SharePoint
- Arabic translation advantageous but not essential
Job Specific Competencies
- Technical knowledge of electronic document management, Information & Retrieval Systems, and technological operations
- Manage document control teams and coordinate document control functions
- Strong leadership skills with good people skills essential in communicating directly with the document control staff, clients, consultants, agencies and authorities
- Produce reports, upholding legal business requirements including ISO 9001 Quality records requirements and communications system
- Coordinate and strategically manage budgets and detail oriented
Get job alerts
x Save as job alert
There was an error saving your job alert
Thank you message
Catch up on sustainability
What does sustainability mean to SNC-Lavalin and what does it look like within engineering and construction?
Read our articles for the latest insight
Find out more
Find out more about life at
SNC - Lavalin
You'll be working to change the world. No matter where you are in the world, your opportunities with us are endless.
We work on global projects that take on today's most pressing challenges. From population growth, to increasing transportation needs, and climate change - we merge ingenuity, knowledge and technology to uplift communities and drive a safer, better tomorrow.
Find out more
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).