Downstream Strategy & Planning Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer. With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply. We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The Investment & Portfolio Analysis Division in the Downstream Strategy and Capital Planning Department (DS&CP) is seeking a Downstream Strategy & Planning Specialist. DS&CP is responsible for the coordination of all of SAO's Downstream Investment Plan and Strategy. It also provides quantitative input to SAO's Downstream Strategy Council, working in close co-operation with its adjacent Divisions of Strategy & Capital Planning. The Specialist's primary role is to provide quantitative analysis and confirmation of the strategic fit of SAO's Investment Plan. The Investment & Portfolio Analysis Division in the Downstream Strategy and Capital Planning Department (DS&CP) is seeking a Downstream Strategy & Planning Specialist. DS&CP is responsible for the coordination of all of SAO's Downstream Investment Plan and Strategy. It also provides quantitative input to SAO's Downstream Strategy Council, working in close co-operation with its adjacent Divisions of Strategy & Capital Planning. The Specialist's primary role is to provide quantitative analysis and confirmation of the strategic fit of SAO's Investment Plan.
- Provide techno-economic analysis on Downstream opportunities. Mainly focusing on Refining / Petrochemicals integrated assets and their interaction with further Downstream (Trading, Retail) hydrocarbon value chain segments.
- Collaborate with all of Downstream's Admin Areas and other corporate functions in establishing and updating appropriate investment analysis criteria.
- Provide commercial and technical expertise for downstream strategy, including appraisal of strategic options, identification of strategic tradeoffs and implementation plans.
- Develop quantitative analysis on sustainability / ESG implications on SAO's Downstream Investment Plan.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering related field, MBA or a relevant advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience in operations, technology & business development, with a strong track record of economic and commercial evaluations for downstream opportunities. Mainly refining and petrochemicals and also other segments (trading, retail, low carbon energies).
- Experience with asset techno-economic modelling and optimization tools (e.g. PIMS, Petroplan ) as well as data management and use from main downstream / industry consulting entities.
- Knowledge of Refining and Chemicals process technologies. Including recent developments in the sustainability space (decarbonization, circularity, non-fossil feedstocks and related).
- Knowledge and understanding of the global energy markets and trends.
- Ideally, international and multi-cultural working exposure.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.