Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Electrical Engineer to lead all electrical design deliverable including tender document preparation and construction supervision management and to ensure that all the design and installation codes and specification of the Client are implemented maintained throughout the project.
A typical week would include:
• Lead team to prepare design and tender documents for electrical work for expressway. This is including: MV/LV power supply network to the expressway site from the nearest existing utility company power network, Street Lighting, Interchanges / bridges and tunnels facilities power supply (pumps power supply and control, standby genset sizing and interlocking with utility supply, ITS and signing etc.)
• Lead design review for value engineering and assist/support site staff in electrical workshop drawings approval.
• Participate in NOC and ROW meetings and coordination with stake holders.
• Report periodically to the Manager regarding work progress and deliverable schedules.
• Assist the Manager in managing / directing site construction team for electrical works.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Power Engineering.
• Minimum 15 years of general experience.
• Minimum 5 years in similar roles.
• Experience in MV/LV network design and construction, street lighting design and pump motors selection and control/protection and genset sizing as backup source
• Experience in the management and delivery of infrastructure projects.
• In-depth experience in implementation International and KSA codes and specification for relevant MOT projects.
• knowledge of Government Tender and Procurement Law and its Implementing Regulations in the KSA
• Good knowledge in Electrical Design and construction contract terminology.
• Speak, read and write Arabic and English.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Engineer (Electrical) - Capital Asset Stewardship (Upcoming)