Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are hiring Electrical Engineer for a Highways PMO project in KSA.
A typical week would include:
• Lead team to prepare design and tender documents for electrical work for expressway. This is including: MV/LV power supply network to the expressway site from the nearest existing utility company power network, Street Lighting, Interchanges / bridges and tunnels facilities power supply (pumps power supply and control, standby genset sizing and interlocking with utility supply, ITS and signing etc.)
• Lead design review for value engineering and assist/support site staff in electrical workshop drawings approval.
• Participate in NOC and ROW meetings and coordination with stake holders.
• Report periodically to my line manager regarding work progress and deliverable schedules.
• Assist line manager in managing / directing site construction team for electrical works.
• Loyal to project plan/programs and direction from projects leaders.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Power Engineering.
• Minimum 15 years of experience in large-scale transport/infrastructure projects.
• Experience in MV/LV network design and construction, street lighting design and pump motors selection and control/protection and genset sizing as backup source
• Experience in the management and delivery of infrastructure projects.
• In-depth experience in implementation International and KSA codes and specification.
• Knowledge of Government Tender and Procurement Law and its Implementing Regulations in the KSA
• Good knowledge in Electrical Design and construction contract terminology.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill (Arabic an advantage)
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.