Electrical Engineer & Sensor Design Specialist
Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Aramco is seeking an Electrical Engineer & Sensor Design Expert to join the Advanced Sensors Team (AST) within its Oil & Gas Network Integrity R&D Division (OGNI), which includes these functions: Advanced Sensors, Intelligent Systems, and Modelling & Prediction. The AST team focuses on rapid technology development aimed at providing solutions for integrity-related challenges, as well as decreasing the cost of corrosion and related activities including: inspection, monitoring, and maintenance.
The Electrical Engineer & Sensor Design Specialist's primary role is to contribute to the research and development portfolio, including: advanced and smart sensor solutions for integrity monitoring, reliability enhancement, and inspection technologies. This role will also be responsible for designing and developing sensing applications in order to meet project objectives related to prototyping, validation, and deployment of sensing technologies.
- Develop system-level sensor architecture design with hardware and software interfaces for various applications.
- Research and develop innovative smart sensing solutions for oil and gas business operations.
- Align with business stakeholders in order to understand their goals and objectives.
- File patents and present technical findings in published journal articles and at intra-company meetings.
- Master's degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related field, PhD is preferred, specializing in microsystems, nanofabrication, photonic devices, sensors design, nanocomposites, and electromagnetism.
- At least five years' experience in technological and/or industrial sectors, with substantial experience in developing electronic-based solutions for sensing and monitoring applications.
- Skilled in micro and nanofabrication techniques with excellent laboratory skills, especially in nano and microfabrication, as well as electrical and material characterizations.
- Capable of designing and modeling electronic circuits, sensors and systems.
- Experience in systems integration (sensors devices, communication, localization, packaging, and circuits design - for example Altium, etc.)
- Or, experience in nanofabrication (deposition, lithography, etc.), microsystems, nanocomposites, semiconductors, electromagnetism, MEMS (micro electromechanical systems), imaging and characterization skills (SEM, TEM, XRD, etc.)
- Deep understanding of advanced optoelectronics for high-performing nanomaterials sensor design.
- Skilled in the design and fabrication of nanostructured membranes and various flexible/thin-film optoelectronic system, as well as analytical and material characterization techniques.
- Demonstrated active participation in technology development and technical seminars, as well as a good publication record for PhD holders.
- Proven track record initiating, guiding, and conducting advanced technical projects and developments with an ability to connect technology, R&D, and operational excellence.
- Understanding of design algorithms used for sensor design.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.