Job description / Role
Electrical Inspector (Hotel Experience) - Saudi Arabia - Remote Area (UmLuj)
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation, and other infrastructure programmes.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering consultants, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region
The Electrical Inspector will ensure the contractors are compliant with the contract documents, coordinate on a daily basis with the other teams to document and verify the quality and quantity of work performed by the Contractor and process the incoming Inspection Requests and technical submittals and perform the necessary actions.
- Reading and understanding the package contract documents, detailed drawings, specifications, and health and safety measures, together with any associated updates.
- Ensuring the contractor(s) are complying with the standards and specifications of the contract documents through observation, measurements, and testing as well as tracking quality assurance progress.
- Maintaining records of the contractor manpower and equipment daily resources.
- Undertaking all site supervision and inspections when required or instructed by the Resident Engineer (RE) or the Assistant Resident Engineer (ARE).
- Documenting, in the areas assigned to the Inspector, the contractor's personnel and equipment, activities observed, location of activities, reason for activities, and means and methods utilized.
- Additionally, report on materials delivery and following and implementing any site instructions made by the leader. Apply and implement all quality controls and quality procedures of the site.
- Follow up and implement any site instructions made by the leader.
- Apply and implement all quality controls and quality procedures of the site.
- Prepare any site measurements and surveying checks needed by the leader
- Monitoring conformance to quality, performance, and/or code requirements by performing inspection duties.
- Monitor Health and Safety of the construction works and report on violations
- Specific Skills Required
- Good knowledge in basic design requirements, familiar with Electrical methodologies and installation processes and procedures. Knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Experience in Buildings of all types in particular horizontal development, mixed use residential and commercial, retail and hospitality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Competent at writing reports - can present views clearly and concisely in good written English.
- Detailed knowledge of construction techniques.
- Experience in Electrical related type Hotel projects required.
- Candidates must have experience in Construction Supervision with a Consultancy with a minimum of 9 years of overall experience (minimum 5 years in the GCC)
- For the Inspector position, a Diploma or Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
Rewards & Benefits
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidate
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 26 working days annual leave.
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual return airfare to point of origin
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).