Job description / Role
Atkins are looking for Electrical Inspectors in Riyadh KSA for large projects.
- Inspection of site works in progress when offered for inspection by the contractors for compliance with drawings and specifications
- Issuing of pre-inspection reports to assist the contractors in executing their works to the standard required by the specification.
- Undertaking regular unscheduled walk around inspections of the site
- Keeping a record of all inspections and a site diary to the approved format.
- Monitoring contractor's Health and Safety performance, recording and reporting failures to the Resident Engineer
- The inspectors shall ensure that the project documentation list is received and that he is made aware of means of locating documentation either hard copy or in electronic formats.
The documentation list is to include:
Drawings, Specification details, Fire Policy drawings, Drawing Register, Shop Drawing, Material Submittal, Samples, Method Statements. Any other documentation that is relevant to the project.
- Inspectors shall ensure that correct number of inspections are offered by the contractors i.e. ensure that the number is adequate to check that works are inspected at appropriate stages to ensure good quality and if necessary remedial work instructed. This is to be done in the form of NCR, Letter or Minutes of Meeting recording or any other form being used on the project.
- During the inspection of the works the inspectors are to familiarise themselves with other work in the area and co-ordinate with other inspectors. If there are any particular requirements to keep into consideration either trade must keep themselves informed and update.
- It is the inspector duties to carry out walk around inspections on the sites on a daily basis and inform the RE of any poor - workmanship or safety issue.
The application of Pre-inspections will assist the contractor in assuring that a good quality project is delivered without having to re-work areas which may not be accepted at the time of contractor's formal inspection request. This should become a cost or saving exercise for all parties involved.
- The inspectors prior to inspecting areas of work are to familiarise themselves with the Material Approval Sheets (MAS) and to ensure that the correct Material has been employed and especially if there are particular manufacturers method of applications (Manufacturer Method Statements) sample of materials are also to be requested.
- To facilitate the standards of installation the inspectors should request sample installation/work to be taken as an example and be shown to all tradesmen to set standards.
- If the materials are subject to site testing ensure that the test are carried out in the presence of the inspectors and test sheets are submitted for record and later insertion into the operating and maintenance manuals.
- The inspectors shall monitor the progress of the site taking into consideration the site construction programmes. Any deviation from the target/milestone dates are to be communicated to the Resident Engineer for further action.
- It is the inspector's duty to be amongst the inspectors to ensure that the site progress is not being held by any of the trades involved on the project.
- It is imperative that Technical Queries raised in writing by the contractors are answered as a quick turnover issue and if not answered by site and require design office input these are to be monitored.
- Technical Queries are to be discussed amongst the trade inspectors to ensure that no input reply is required from other trades inspectors or joint replies prior to issuing.
- The inspectors are to make themselves familiar with the Document control quality system in use in WSA and to keep monitored together with the site Document Controller (If present on site).
- 5 years minimum experience of working on our everyday site basis - knowledge of the Middle East working conditions is mandatory
- Experience working with a consultancy office would be preferable but also experience working with International contractors is acceptable.
- B Tech / BSc in Electrical discipline or equivalent or able to demonstrate have suitable experience.
Site team - Behavioral Competencies
- The candidate will be a member of a supervision team, depending on the contract in most of the cases a complete team of Civil - Architectural, Mechanical-Plumbing and Electrical inspectors will be on site.
- It is imperative that the site team has continuous dialogue regarding the site progress.
- Co-ordination between Structural-Architectural, Mechanical and Electrical disciplines to ensure that all aspects of the construction requirements are met and well co-ordinated.
- Regular meetings will be held together with the site Resident Engineer to ensure the best possible results for the project.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).