Job description / Role
The key purpose of the post is to assist the College of Technology, Madinah, to enhance its approach to trainee employability and employability. The post-holder will lead College managers to identify, address and overcome barriers to long-term sustainable employment among its graduates, providing 1-2-1 information, advice, guidance and support throughout the duration of the project. Employability and entrepreneurship training will be integrated into all curriculum, and specialist courses/units will be designed to enable trainees to obtain jobs in large as well as small and medium-sized enterprises and into self-employment. The post-holder will also work with the Trainee Services coach and Vice Dean Trainee Services to establish a 'one-stop-shop' for careers guidance and employment preparation.
This post requires someone who is prepared to add value and impact to the College's strategic direction, and who will work with College managers to create sustainability after the project concludes.
* To coach and develop College managers and staff in employability and entrepreneurship to leave a sustainable legacy following the conclusion of the project
* To work closely with the curriculum coach and College academic heads of department to review all courses/programmes to ensure that all trainees can gain employability training
* To design employability and entrepreneurship courses and short courses
* To establish a 'one-stop' centre for providing careers advice and job preparation support
* To assist the Provider Head and College managers in securing partnerships with industry and the public sector for student on job training and other employability related activities
* To prepare and deliver workshops for trainees in employability and entrepreneurship, in partnership with academic teams and managers
* To accurately diagnose the needs of the learners/job seekers, to understand their challenges, career ambitions, strengths & development areas, future job roles and / or training opportunities.
* To engage with the local community and develop strategic relationships with key stakeholders to successfully identify customer/learners for existing and new employability programmes.
* To effectively engage customers/learners and attach them to existing and new employability programmes and to coach College staff in this.
* To deliver high quality end to end Information, Advice and Guidance to learners on college programmes.
* To promote and develop the mind-set, skills, emotional intelligence qualities, self-confidence and esteem so that the learners/job seekers succeed in the world of work.
* To complete goal focused action plans/ILRs for all referred learners/clients and provide support and motivation for clients to implement their action plans.
* To develop College staff to coach the learners on a one to one and group basis in employability and entrepreneurship
* To produce approaches to guide learners in the preparation pf CVs, cover letter and job application forms and to coach trainers in the College in how to do this
* To introduce learners and job seekers to a `strengths based' recruitment approach to succeeding in job interviews and to develop staff in how to do this.
* To coach staff to assist learners to undertake job search with the learners/job seekers using relevant web-based software and packages.
* To work with academic and support staff to short list, pre-select and match/submit learners/job seekers to vacancies/work experience opportunities generated by the relevant Industry.
* To work with staff to prepare job packs on specific vacancies/work experience opportunities for learners/job seekers.
* To arrange interviews for learners/job seekers where appropriate.
* To train staff on how to prepare learners/job seekers to a high standard for interview with employers.
* To ensure learners/job seekers access additional training provided by COE, TVTC, its partners and other providers.
* To advise how to successfully place customers/learners from a range of target groups into career focused employment.
* To engage and maintain regular contact with learners/job seekers at agreed intervals to ensure they sustain their job or apprenticeship.
* To deliver high quality In Work Support which effectively sustains customers/learners employment for a minimum of six months.
* To ensure learners demonstrate and sustain progression into apprenticeships and employment.
* To get feedback and act on regular feedback from learners/job seekers and employers.
* To support the delivery of any ILEI, MCT, COE, TVTC/partner Events, Job Fairs, Workshops and Seminars that get learners ready for the world of work.
* To take responsibility for the delivery ILEI and MCT operational targets
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business, technology or engineering field
* Master's Degree in a relevant field
* 5 years' experience in a relevant role in the education and training sector, or HR recruitment
* Membership of a relevant professional body
* Assessor Award
* Coaching experience
* Positive, enthusiastic approach to problem solving with a "can do" attitude
* Have excellent communication skills
* Be able to gain people's confidence and put them at ease
* Be persuasive, persistent and patient
* Be able to cope with pressure
* Be flexible and adaptable
* Have good organizational and administrative skills
* Have the ability to prioritize
* Have excellent all-round ICT skills
* Be able to work to deadlines and produce reports
* Target and results driven
* Can use performance management system
In return you will receive:
* A total package of £60,000
* Health Care insurance
* Mobilizations costs
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results