Job description / Role
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform a wide range of non-repetitive electronic and mechanical assembly operations on custom enclosures, panels and fixtures.
• Fabricate, modify, fit, and align parts and mechanisms to meet custom build requirements using various hand tools and machine shop equipment.
• Read and interpret wiring diagrams, datasheets, and elemental drawings to support construction of mechanical and electrical enclosures and control panels.
• Perform custom wire/route wiring of electro-mechanical enclosures, control panels and test units.
• Model SEL values.
• Assemble SEL’s high-tech products to corporate quality standards.
• Follow work instructions to accurately assemble, solder, wash, inspect, or test SEL’s products and subassemblies.
• Directly place components, build or package products, or operate state-of-the-art machinery.
• Learn and gain skills to become proficient in department processes.
• Continuously identify, measure, and improve Manufacturing processes by participating in process improvement teams.
• Work cooperatively in a team atmosphere.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
• Lift and maneuver 20 pounds frequently
• Pull weight from high/low shelves
• Stand for at least 8 hours
• Fine finger dexterity
• Vision sufficient to identify, handle and place small parts with precision and accuracy
• Differentiate colour
• Use magnifying glass and/or microscope
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of one year's experience in manufacturing or distribution
• Work within established safety and quality standards
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
• Ability to listen, comprehend, and follow technical instructions
• Basic math skills and the ability to read, write, and communicate verbally in English
• Manual dexterity and ability to focus on tasks at hand
• Ability to communicate and work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to work overtime, as required
About the Company
SEL makes electric power safer, more reliable, and more economical. To accomplish this mission, we design, manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering of electric power systems. Our solutions range from comprehensive generator and transmission protection to distribution automation and control systems. The SEL Government Services Division is dedicated to the security, safety, and reliability of electric power at facilities ranging from military base power systems to ships, while Engineering Services provides engineering capabilities and system solutions to national and international customers. SEL University provides training and programs that help our customers meet the technical challenges and complexities of integrating digitally based technologies into the expanding power system infrastructure.