Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for an ELV Engineer with over ten years of experience, to work on a fuel line upgrade project as part of our ongoing collaboration with Riyadh Airport. Successful candidates will have an oil & gas design and construction background.
A typical week would include:
* Lead Basic Design, Front End Engineering Design and detailed design of the Process Control System and other Extra-Low Voltage systems for the project;
* Supervise and taking responsibility for the Extra-Low Voltage (ELV) system packages during the construction phase of a project.
* Review and validate design packages of Extra-Low Voltage system including specification, drawings, Design Calculations, Material Requisitions, Functional Specifications and Systems Configuration documents
* Coordination on scheduling activities for Extra Low Voltage (ELV) contractors on the project to ensure timely delivery at project milestones;
* Supervise contractors / subcontractors to carry out site works according to design intent
* Ensure compatibility of design interfaces during construction activity;
* Inspect installations of ELV related systems (SCADA, CPS, EFSO, TCS) are in compliance with drawings, required specifications and standards.
* Responsible for testing and commissioning of individual system and assisting in loop commissioning of the controls system;
* Participate in HAZOP study and provide inputs
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Electrical and Electronics (or instrumentation and controls) Engineering Degree
* SCADA programming, Process Automation, Products and Services Expertise
* At least 5 years work experience in PLC based ELV systems including Access Control Systems, Security, PA, BMS etc. Out of which, At least 01-year work experience within an airport environment/project and at least 02 years work experience in an Oil & Gas project
* Technical knowledge of Engineering Design and Construction for field instrument-station, Distributed Control System, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition, Programmable Logic Controller, Direct Digital Controller, Safety Instrumented Systems, Closed Circuit, Access Control, Communication and IT systems
* Experience in leading the design and construction of process control and instrumentation systems of industrial and intelligent fast track projects
* Must have a thorough knowledge of ELV systems Security systems, IT data network (CCTV, alarm systems, ACS, PA, AV, BMS etc.,).
* Worked in the construction industry/environment.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.