Job description / Role
To provide technical energy management expertise as required in order to regulate, monitor and evaluate energy use in an organization or facility and improve energy efficiency by implementing new policies and changes where necessary and management of support function team.
- Contribute to the development of the departmental strategy and ensure effective cascading of departmental strategy into section’s policies and procedures in line with the overall business objectives of the Technical & Energy department
- Contribute to Business Development by energy usage evaluation, scoping, resourcing and pricing of proposals for successful submission to ensure business growth
- Supervise the analysis of existing building systems and the collection of data on building operations, HVAC, electrical, lighting and controls in order to support the evaluation of energy efficiency and usage
- Manage the effective implementation/running of the energy savings program and the Hubgrade in order to achieve greater energy savings and continuously improve the energy efficiency for Enova’s clients
- Review detailed schedules of work, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, in addition to benchmarking energy consumption against best practice guidelines, to ensure the best operational solutions are provided for Enova clients
- Provide inputs in the preparation of project specifications, drawings and tender documents for building services, improvement or plant replacement work, and obtaining the requisite statutory approvals, as well as providing technical expertise were required to ensure the quality and successful submission of such documentation
- Supervise the coordination of building commissioning activities, including the assignment of a building commissioner/support staff and scheduling commissioning activities around building use to ensure building systems meet the design expectations of the owner
- Review the development of a benchmark database from existing utilities and facilities operations in order to have a reference point for future work and to help continuously improve the quality of work
- Manage the improvement of operational quality results through process re-design, in addition to overseeing the identification of operational problems and priorities by assessing relevant objectives
- Provide technical support to mechanical and electrical design engineers on new and refurbishment projects regarding sustainability, energy and water conservation in order to ensure the design is suitable and optimizes usage of energy
- Provide training on energy efficiency and the use of renewable/ sustainable energy resources to help improve educational levels around advanced or specific energy management practices and to advance the level of discussions with clients
- Supervise the troubleshooting of HVAC systems to ensure the necessary support is provided to the HVAC Department to minimize cost, ensure optimum system performance and ensure simplified system operations and maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or energy-related engineering or equivalent; higher education in management will be an advantage.
- CEM or equivalent is required
- 7+ years of experience in Energy Management with at least 2 years in the Middle East
About the Company
Enova is a joint venture created in 2002 between Majid Al Futtaim Ventures - which is the growth engine responsible for developing new businesses that complement and reinforce the Majid Al Futtaim Group leadership in its core businesses, and Veolia - the global leader in optimized resource management; designing and providing water, waste, and energy management solutions that contribute to the sustainable development of communities and industries.
Enova employs over 2,000 highly trained and multi-skilled employees serving a wide portfolio of clients in the public, residential, commercial, industrial, and healthcare sectors. Enova is the leader in energy and multi-technical services, delivering comprehensive services to its clients, and was the first company in Dubai to be certified ESCO (Energy Services Company) by the RSB (Regulation & Supervision Bureau) in April 2014.