Job description / Role
Provides professional engineering discipline support to the program projects with particular emphasis on promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project design in conformance with approved standards and codes. Provides guidance to peers.
Major Activities Performed
• Supports the Section Supervisor to meet the development program requirements.
• Coordinates the Section’s activities with those of other Sections within the Engineering Department.
• Provides technical guidance to the personnel within the Section.
• Provides technical advice to other RC and SAPL Departments.
• Represents the Section at project and inter-sectional meetings, as appropriate.
• Prepares technical specifications and scope of work descriptions.
• Prepares/reviews Request for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
• Provides technical assistance during pre-bid- conferences, proposal evaluation, and post-award or other contract conferences.
• Reviews A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculations submittals and coordinates with the work of other disciplines.
• Review vendor/shop drawings, and construction materials submittals.
• Performs field inspections and provides professional field support as necessary during construction phases.
• Prepares interface layouts and conflicts solutions.
• Prepares / reviews man-hour estimates for design fee proposals.
• Prepares technical correspondences, reports, and studies.
Experience and Qualifications
• A recognized western university degree in Civil Engineering plus 10 (ten) years post-graduate professional experience with 5 years as Lead discipline as team leader. Design experience of general civil work is essential.
• Registration as a Professional/Chartered Engineer is required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• A proven record of technical and administrative ability in design management.
• Must be familiar with and knowledgeable with the civil works standards.
• Experience in Hydrology, hydraulic Analysis, and calculations, Proficiency in Civil 3D Design. Conversant and has working knowledge of Industry Standard software in the CE designs.
• 5 Years of experience in designing of Roads, Grading and underground utility systems for infrastructure of residential, commercial and industrial development… Minimum three (3) years of experience in design of utilities for major infrastructure development.
• Familiar with Auto CAD, Water, sewer and drainage systems modeling, mass grading and earthwork modeling, ASHTO highway design manual, ITE design criteria, State highway design manuals, and ASCE Technical papers on design of sewers and water lines.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.