This position is closed or expired.
See other Academic jobs
Abdul Aziz International Schools
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Enables the success of student academic achievement through implementation of the SABIS® curriculum and philosophy and through the consistent use of the SABIS® Point System™ of instruction.
- Has an oversight role for all students within the school setting, to ensure a safe academic environment conducive to learning and maintain the professional SABIS® image.
- Ensures proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students and works cooperatively with the Student Life and Student Management teams.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting to the Academic Quality Controller, as required by SABIS® and governmental bodies.
- Reports regularly to the Academic Quality Controller regarding students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for action and a summary of actions taken.
- Primary assignment may be a specific grade level (including homeroom duties) or subject teaching to multiple classes in regular or intensive classes.
- May also be assigned additional non-instructional duties such as proctoring exams or supervising recess or lunch.
- Must attend required school functions as identified by administration
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in subject area to be taught
- Master’s Degree preferred, may be required if necessary to comply with local regulations
- Leadership and team management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and self-management skills; Ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Goal orientation; Planning and execution skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Dependability; Readiness to go above and beyond when necessary to reach goals
About the Company
Abdul Aziz International Schools opened in September 1999 to serve the international community in Riyadh - Licensed by the Saudi Ministry of Education. AIS is a non-selective school that admits boys and girls of a wide ability range. However, it aims at facilitating the attainment of university admissions and placements for all its graduates.
All teaching is in English from Pre-KG to Grade 12 but students also study a second language (Arabic) and a third language (French). High importance is placed on the teaching of Mathematics. The school is fully equipped to offer the complete range of academic subjects and students are encouraged to follow their own particular interests and activities.