Job description / Role
* Support the Executive Director Risk in:
* Delivering risk management leadership across a new megacity; and
* Providing technical assistance on all risk management issues.
Largest megacity project in the world
* Implement/maintain an effective Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework for the Megacity project.
* Develop and deliver risk reporting in an appropriate way for different audiences of the Megacity project to ensure they are aware of relevant risks (including the Board and sector heads).
* Engage with the Megacity-wide stakeholders in preparation for Executive Risk Committee activities and act as secretary for the Committee.
* Help ensure appropriate visibility of all types of risks across the Megacity so executives, managers and staff are sufficiently informed to help them achieve their objectives and the Megacity's vision.
* Work with "risk owners" to conduct prioritized, detailed analysis of the the Megacity's key risks and the control framework.
* Ensure the Megacity has the ability to identify and manage emerging risks in a timely manner.
* Evaluate the Megacity's previous handling of risks and external best practices, to identify opportunities to improve the ERM Framework and supporting risk process/procedures.
* Establish and quantify the Megacity's risk appetite, preparing a suitable statement to that effect.
* Liaise closely with Internal Audit in the development of a risk-based audit program.
* Deliver an integrated program/approach to risk management which acknowledges and complements other "2nd line of management" compliance-based disciplines.
* Provide support, education and training to build a strong performance/risk culture in the Megacity.
* Provide guidance and assistance to business units with the identification, evaluation, understanding, management and communication of significant business risks.
* Partner with management to help them prepare risk self-assessments, including analyzing controls, identifying gaps and facilitating creation of treatment strategies/action plans.
* Coordinate and cultivate the Megacity's Risk Network of Risk Champions, enhancing the enterprise-wide risk management awareness and activities.
* Program manage the delivery of services by third party service providers to ensure all objectives delivered to time and cost budget.
* Assist in the development and annual planning of ERM activities, budgets and resources.
* Perform/assist on related activities e.g. special projects, department initiatives as required.
* Maintain connections with professional risk networks/initiatives to help identify and share best practices as part of the continuous improvement of the Megacity's ERM.
* Very competitive salary package
* Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
* Advanced degree/risk qualification and/or qualified accountant (preferred).
* 10+ years of ERM, audit, project management or related experience with 5 - 7 years developing/operating an ERM process and/or in a broad risk management/strategic consulting role for Executive and Senior Management.
* Strategic/enterprise wide/collaborative (rather than compliance) mindset.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to: "win hearts and minds"; and communicate complex issues in a simple way to management, executives and the Audit Committee and Board.
* Experience and capability to deputize for Executive Director (if required).
* Ability to:work independently in a continuously changing environment; and meet aggressive deadlines. Agile. Detailed/results oriented. Problem solving/critical thinking.
* Well versed in risk management and internal control (i.e. SOX) best practices.
* Experience with risk quantification (to check the validity of business plans/key assumptions e.g. scenario planning/Monte Carlo simulation).
* Preferable: Sector experience (e.g. Capital Projects, Technology, Energy, Leisure).
* Experience using/ideally implementing Corporate Objectives/Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) software.
* Disciplined project management and document recording/retention.
* Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
* Knowledge of SAP an advantage.
* Exceptional report writing skills.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Internal Audit Manager
Rashed Al Rashed
Senior Manager - Internal Audit
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jun|
Internal Audit Manager
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
Director - Internal Audit
|Saudi Arabia||30 Jun|
Senior Internal Audit Consultant (Bilingual)
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)
|Abu Dhabi||20 Jun|