Job description / Role
We are working with a top tier main contractor in Saudi Arabia and they are keen to appoint a Environmental Engineer.
The role's responsibilities are the following:
Coordinating general Environmental Management activities on the Project, the individual will lead proactively environmental initiatives in line with the Best Management Practices. The individual is expected to maintain a flexible workstyle that adapts to dynamic office tempo with its changing priorities along with the Site’s needs and expectations.
• Produce and implement the Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) & Construction Waste Management Plan (CWMP) for the project, whilst coordinating with the Project team in setting up the relevant necessary control measures
• Ensuring the compliance with the Project CEMP, CWMP, the relevant local & international regulations, in coordination with the project members, by conducting regular inspections, audits, site walks, etc.
• Prepare and submit relevant Environmental reports.
• Compile and maintain all relevant Environment related data for the Project.
• Conducting environmental monitoring for the project (Noise, Air Quality, water, etc.) as required and coordinating for device calibrations.
• Conducting environmental awareness trainings, induction, environmental drills and TBT’s as required
• Actively executes or assists in the investigating and reporting of all environmental incidents and near misses.
• Conduct regular audits of Contractor and Subcontractors
• Coordinating with authorities for acquiring relevant Environmental related permits (Environmental Clearance, Waste Management Permits, Dangerous Goods Permits etc.)
• Setup relevant measures and ensure compliance of the Environmental practices at the Project, in line with the Corporate IMS System.
• Perform Environmental Aspects & Impacts Assessment as per Project requirements.
• Assess Project environmental protection compliance and report findings to Project SHES Manager.
• Proactively initiate and implement Environmental initiatives at the Project.
• Attend Management, Client site walks, etc
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• Vast experience in infrastructure projects in the middle east especially in KSA.
• Ideally from a main-contracting background.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in construction
• Open to any nationality.
• Willing to work in a remote location in KSA.
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.