Job description / Role
Our client, a leading contractor in major construction projects as part of the 2030 vision, are seeking an Estimating Manager to work on a number of recently awarded projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review of Tender documents on receipt to ensure its completeness.
• Organize / take part in bid initiation & review meeting.
• Ensure that clarifications are raised well in time to get better clarity on bid submission.
• Co-ordinate & follow-up to ensuring post bid clarifications are addressed.
• All in-house co-ordination for preparation of bid including follow-up, collection of input from various sub-contractors or 3rd party.
• Clear understanding of work scope & best estimation with respect to execution of project.
• Responsible for review/preparation of OME (Order of magnitude estimate) before onward submissions.
• Ensure that commercial submissions to tenders are fully complied with all necessary details.
• Responsible to verify detailed MTO's (quantity take-off) from tender documentation.
• Ensure the Estimate is built up methodically and in sufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice. Sufficient explanatory notes are to be including referring the location of supplementary information.
• Ensure completeness of Subcontract Enquiry Packages and availability of Subcontract offers well in time.
• Ensure Subcontractor responses are complete & tabulated accurately on a Bid Evaluation spreadsheet.
• Ensure the Indirect Cost Estimate is correctly prepared and costed.
• Proactively work with the Procurement Group to ensure Vendors RFQ Technical and Commercial Bid Evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
• Prepare / Review the preparation of the construction schedule, providing man hours and equipment requirement for each activity and also ensure correctness to capture anticipated duration and manning.
• Assist Proposals Manager in the identification, evaluation and ranking of risks as well as developing a strategy to manage and mitigate the risks to Company. R&O Matrix is to serve as the basis for estimating an appropriate contingency allowance for inclusion in the Cost Estimate.
• Ensures the Estimate Basis is “Current Costs” and escalation is properly covered. Wherever possible a good value of estimate contingencies to be captured. This is to be separate from the R&O Analysis/Contingency Sum Calc.
• Ensure that Clients pricing and technical tender schedules are complete and accurate.
• When requested, carry out peer review of estimates compiled by others, checking for completeness, pricing accuracy and adequate manning and resource requirements.
• Organize Budget Handover Meetings to Project Managers.
• Maintain Lessons Learnt database from existing projects.
• Civil Engineering or degree equivalent
Nature and length of previous experience:
• At least 10 years of experience in doing estimation and tendering in a contracting environment
• Arabic speaking is preferable
• Saudi Arabia
About the Company
Our aim is to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent, quality service that goes beyond the norm, giving them peace of mind and complete trust in our ability to meet their needs.
Big Fish consultants specialise in their fields and have extensive experience in the region and beyond. We take pride in our knowledge and network and believe that our relationships are built on trust and integrity and are made for the long term.
At Big Fish, as well as caring for the people we work with, we also care about the world and environment we live in, that's why Big Fish support initiatives that promote human welfare, environmental protection and sustainability.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Rider Levett Bucknall